CWRU is committed to achieving excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship. CWRU was established in 1967 by the federation of Western Reserve University and Case Institute of Technology, which trace their origins to 1826 and 1880, respectively.
Case Western Reserve University is eager to hire U.S. veterans for quality positions they are offering today and in the future.
The University's 128-acre campus is the heart of Cleveland's University Circle -- the region's cultural hub, home of more than 50 cultural, medical, educational, religious, and social service institutions. University students and faculty participate in joint programs of teaching and research with several of their University Circle neighbors, including the Cleveland Institute of Art, University Hospitals of Cleveland, the Cleveland Clinic, the Cleveland Institute of Music, the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Cleveland Play House, and the Cleveland Orchestra.
CWRU ranks 12th among the nation's private research universities in federal awards to support research and development. It received more than $200 million in 1998-99 from government, industry, and private sources for research and sponsored projects. These funds support approximately 2,000 research and training projects.