Furnished Quarters is the largest provider of temporary furnished apartments in New York City, with a growing portfolio of stylish, conveniently located residences in White Plains, New York, northern New Jersey, Stamford, Connecticut and Boston metropolitan regions. Distinguished by their urban contemporary design and prime locations, our apartments provide a relaxing, residential retreat for business travelers on short-term assignment, out-of-town visitors or anyone desiring an authentic residential experience.
The primary function of this position is to ensure the cleanliness, functionality, and appearance of all Furnished Quarters apartments; through inspections, equipment testing, and proper placement of all furnishings and household goods.
• Conduct inspections of bi-weekly cleanings according to SOP.
• Conduct move out inspections according to SOP.
• Conduct final and pre-move in (only for apartments vacant for extended periods of time) inspections according to SOP.
• Inventory of all storage areas to maintain par levels.
• Establish and maintain working relationship with all necessary building staff i.e. maintenance staff, doormen.
• Monitor and report any general building issues i.e. hallways need painting, washer/dryer not functioning properly.
• Monitor, correct and report any cleanliness deficiencies that may impact customer satisfaction.
• Ability to recognize and accurately diagnose equipment problems and perform minor repairs.
• Ensure proper placement of furnishings as dictated by original design layout of the unit.
• Where more advanced expertise is required FI must be able to examine, describe and initiate the proper response from other members of the Ops Team.
• Report damages to FQ furnishings and apartments to allow for proper repair, replacement, and evaluation of responsibility.
• Repair minor scratches to floors and furnishings.
• Remove scuff marks from walls or determine if painting is needed.
• Ensure proper quantities of required items, i.e. linens and dishes.
• Ensure proper placement of all items in the apartment according to the floor plan and established standards.
• Report wire management issues, if unable to resolve during inspection.
• Have all necessary equipment in their kit to be able to perform the minor repairs i.e. shoe polish for furnishings.
• Close operations on a rotating basis to include preparation for following day per housekeepers.
• Participate in On Call program.
• All other tasks as assigned by the Operations Management team.
Must have knowledge of New York (Manhattan, White Plains), New Jersey (Hoboken, Jersey City) and Connecticut (Stamford) is encouraged.
Previous experience in the service industry is required. Previous hotel-related experience desired.
College degree preferred.