Thomas Eye Group
Job Details: This position exists to facilitate the coordination of activities related to requisition, inventory management, projects, and issues of supplies and equipment. The incumbent also does follow-up on availability and delivery of products.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Prior military experience preferred as a logistics specialist.
* Requires inventory/stockroom-related experience.
* Requires knowledge of medical terminology and medical supplies.
* Requires data entry skills.
* Requires ability to use a personal computer and the Microsoft applications, Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Requires ability to operate the micro-based inventory control system.
* Requires knowledge of stock locations and numbers and product identification numbers.
* Requires knowledge of patient chargeable and unit chargeable items.
* Requires general knowledge of commercial and/or generic names of items processed in order to fill requisitions.
* Requires strong organization skills.
* Requires knowledge of the necessary turnaround time for specific items and knowledge of possible variables that could account for inventory variances.
* Requires initiative and reactive problem solving.
* Requires strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Requires close attention to detail.
* Requires strong follow-through and organizational skills.
* Requires knowledge of various internal and external delivery locations.
* Requires the ability to memorize groups of numbers and product locations.
* Requires the ability to read, write and understand the English language.