About Credit Acceptance: Credit Acceptance Corporation is a finance company; we are in the business of Changing Lives!
Make the Right Move and build your career by joining a growing and profitable organization.
Credit Acceptance is currently hiring Market Area Managers.
If you are focused, assertive, persuasive and self-driven we would like to hear from you!
Credit Acceptance is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Full-time Benefits include: Medical/Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Profit Sharing, Tuition Assistance, Service Awards, Flexible health and Dependent care spending accounts, Holiday Bonus You will also be eligible for our 401(k) plan after 3 full months of service.
Part-Time Benefits Include: 401k, Holiday Bonus and Profit Sharing
About this Position: The purpose of the “Market Area Manager (MAM)” position is to . . .
* Help Credit Acceptance grow its business by increasing the number of active Dealer Partners (DP’s) we do business with at the same time increasing the number of deals per active Dealer Partner in their respective market.
* Have a thorough understanding of the market, competitors and dealers in the defined territory in order to create the most effective strategy to increase our Dealer Partner base and contract volume.
* Partner with management to make sure that the right strategies and actions are being implemented and desired results are achieved.
* Use various prospecting methods to keep an active pipe-line of prospective Dealer Partners; while effectively evaluating each potential Dealer Partner in order to select those with the highest likelihood of success.
* Set the Dealer Partners up for Success by providing appropriate support, on-going assistance, serving as a business consultant in order to identify areas of potential improvements, and assist Dealer Partners in implementing the best possible solutions.
* Accurately asses the specific type of support that each Dealer Partner needs to be successful with Credit Acceptance.
Position KSAs: What Knowledge, Skills and Abilities will you need to succeed in this role?
You need to:
* Establish rapport with key decision makers at the dealership
* Communicate effectively with the ability to adjust to the audience as necessary
* Be able to run effective meetings in an organized fashion, with the right people in the room, a clear agenda and have a strong persuasive engaging presence
* Be the consultant consistently and effectively identify and analyze problems the dealership is facing as well as problems in the market
* Implement solutions to problems and help the Dealer Partner implement solutions with appropriate follow up to be sure the solutions are effective.
* Spend time effectively by prioritizing activities properly, responding to requests within 24 hours and engaging in an effective amount of call preparation and meeting preparation
* Be the positive professional by possessing a professional demeanor, maintaining a positive attitude and communication style, showing integrity in decisions and behaviors and maintaining a consistent “can do” attitude with a strong drive for results
Position Outcomes & Activities: You will be measured on your ability to perform the following activities effectively.
* Generate a pipeline of quality prospects and present to dealer partners: You will spend a significant amount of your time analyzing and selecting dealerships to partner with Credit Acceptance.
* Select the Right Dealers: You will use the various selection tools to select the Right Dealer Partner for our program.
* Pre-Train: You will use the Program Setup Checklist to train Dealer Partners for the Credit Acceptance University Experience.
* Provide Support: You will help the Dealer Partner launch the program immediately following Credit Acceptance University to ensure success and perform the necessary servicing to ensure the dealers generate business.
* Perform a Market Analysis: You will need to evaluate your market and determine which dealers are right for the program in order to build a strong group of dealers and grow your business.
* Knowledge of Product: You will need to have a strong knowledge of the sub-prime auto finance industry, your specific market, Vehicle Service Contracts and the Credit Acceptance product in order to be successful.
* Know and Utilize the Credit Acceptance Sales Process: You will need to have in depth knowledge of the Credit Acceptance Product (Advance, Ratings, Inventory, Approvals). And be able to demonstrate the sales process for our Dealer Partners from the lot / phone to the Credit Opportunity (aka Collection Close).
* Knowledge of the Funding Process: you will need to have a working knowledge of the funding process and stipulations required for funding
* Reporting and Technical Knowledge: you will need to be familiar with the available dealer reporting (customer reports, performance reports, dealer statements etc), use Landslide to manage leads and appointments as well as have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
* Use Available Tools: to manage your time spent with each Dealer Partner, being sure to put your focus on the right area of the market at all times.
Basic Position Requirements: What do you need to qualify as a candidate for this position?
You need to:
* Be able an analytical thinker (can examine various dealer results and identify trends, issues, potential causes of issues and develop action plans)
* Be self driven
* Thrive on responsibility
* Drive hard to achieve objectives
* Be trustworthy
* Possesses and express a positive and enthusiastic attitude and belief system about Credit Acceptance’s products, sales tools, and mission
Additional Position Requirements: Experience and Education requirements.
You need to:
* Be located or willing to relocate to within the defined territory
* Have experience working in sales and/or finance departments of a dealership or have done outside sales specifically calling on automotive dealerships selling a product or service
* Do a minimum of 80% travel in the market
* Have consultative selling techniques and excellent formal and informal presentation skills
* Have a proven history of strong work performance
* Have a valid driver's license, insurance and registration
* Sub-prime auto finance experience
* Had face-to-face interaction in a car dealership with the dealer principle, GM or owners
* Existing relationships with dealers in the defined territory
For more information visit www.creditacceptance.com