U.S. Government Sales
Global Technology Systems, Inc. (GTS), designer and manufacturer of Honeywell Batteries, is seeking an experienced government sales professional to join our growing team. GTS is a recognized leader in the design, development and manufacture of battery packs, chargers and power management technology for portable devices. Our products are relied upon by Fortune 500 businesses, as well as federal, state and local public safety agencies to power mission critical communication and mobile computing applications.
The government market is our fastest growing business segment. Agencies depend upon mobile devices to successfully achieve their mission. However, these mobile devices are only as good as they battery that powers them. Our products are designed to optimize the performance of our customers’ mission critical mobile devices including mobile computers and wireless communication devices. Additionally, we offer custom solutions tailored to an agency’s unique requirements. GTS is seeking a key individual that will use their passion for sales to fuel growth in this market.
In this role, the government sales professional will:
· Identify and develop large federal agency business.
· Create and submit written proposals to the government and collaborate with the purchasing department of federal agencies to design-in GTS products into mobile computing and communications devices.
· Create offers and respond to solicitations and RFPs
· Lead sales effort with DHS, Secret Service and all other U.S. federal agencies
· Collaborate with management team on business strategies
· Maintain detailed knowledge of the company’s products and value added services
· Create and conduct proposal presentations
· Attain monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals and sales margins
· Knowledge of government or military procurement and acquisition processes
· Direct job experience in US military or federal civilian government in an area related to procurement or communications equipment
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Proven track record of significant over-quota achievement selling into U.S. federal Government accounts
· Ability to travel when demands arise
· Bachelors degree in engineering, business, or marketing or comparable military training/experience
· Strong technical background with radios/batteries a plus
· Experience selling batteries or mobile radios/devices such as Motorola, Kenwood, Thales, Harris, or Symbol a plus.
· Experience in closing complex, high profile, high dollar sales opportunities
Candidate will be based out of a home office in the DC area
We offer a strong compensation package including salary, commission, medical & dental benefits, 401(k), vacation, etc.