- Serving more than 755,000 members with more than 1,500 financial representatives, Modern Woodmen is the nation’s third largest fraternal benefit society in terms of assets.
- We were founded by Joseph Cullen Root in 1883 in Lyons, Iowa.
- Our home office is in Rock Island, Ill.
- Members are joined by three common bonds: financial security, quality family life and community impact.
Products and subsidiaries
- Main product lines are life insurance, annuity and investment* products designed for the family market.
- Established in 2001, MWA Financial Services Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Modern Woodmen that functions as a full-service broker dealer and distributes securities products.
- Modern Woodmen Bank, which opened for business in 2003, provides a complete array of personal banking products and services.
- Through numerous fraternal programs, benefits and activities, $23.75 million goes back into the lives of members and their communities annually.
- Approximately 2,500 local chapters nationwide provide fellowship and community service.
- More than 875 youth clubs nationwide teach community service, citizenship, cooperation and respect for self and others.
- Life insurance in force totals $33.94 billion.
- Total assets are $10.14 billion.
- A+ (Superior) rating from A.M. Best verifies Modern Woodmen's financial strength and security. This is the second highest of 15 ratings.