Job Title: Sales Executive/Business Development
Job Code, Grade: BD412P (position is eligible for Base + Commissions)
Division/Location: TCI/East Coast Office
Department: Sales & Marketing
Report To: VP, Sales & Marketing
Job Title: Sales Executive for Regional Sales Office on U.S. East Coast
TCI International, Inc. is seeking an experienced Business Development Sales Executive to join its growing sales organization. This person will pursue business development initiatives and sales opportunities that will ultimately expand the scope of solutions offered by TCI’s Signal Processing business area in the communications intelligence (“COMINT”) and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (“ISR”) end markets. The position is based in a new regional sales office to be established on the U.S. East Coast. The selected candidate will have extensive experience in government business practices and sales to both prime contractors and military procurement agencies. Must have demonstrated closing experience and will have successfully closed multi-million dollar deals. Must be able to devote 65% of time to travel. Must have excellent relationship building and opportunity management skills, exhibit strong closing skills and be detail oriented.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
· A minimum of 10 years experience in COMINT or ISR related industries with a combination of sales and marketing, market development, or business development experience.
· Degree in Electrical Engineering or technical degree is desirable.
· Experience selling complex large-scale enterprise solutions. Proven skills managing sales cycles from a few months to 18 months in duration which involve multi-million dollar solicitations.
· A successful track record developing business opportunities with NSA, Homeland Security, and the Department of Defense Agencies (ie: SPAWARS, CERDEC…etc.) and defense prime customers managing major programs (ie: PROPHET, MEWSS…etc.) is required.
· Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to leverage strengths in generalized signal intercept and direction finding applications in military and government environments.
· Demonstrated proficiency at reducing complex issues into clearly stated tasks with defined implications and consequences is required.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and organization skills and be able to perform all aspects of the sales process.
· Must be independent, and able to work with the marketing, sales and proposal teams at TCI’s headquarters in Fremont, CA. to exceed all customer and company expectations.
· Must be able to effectively communicate with people at all organizational levels.
· Requires ability to travel domestically up to 65%, sometimes on short notice.
· Security Clearance is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal accountabilities.
The position involves frequent travel. While in TCI’s East Coast office, normal office working environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX LEADERSHIP STANDARDS
All SPX divisions are committed to the effective use of the SPX Leadership Standards. It is important that all employees understand and utilize these Leadership Standards when performing the duties of his/her position.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and, through designated channels, initiate and recommend solutions.