Jul 18, 2019
Weapons Effects Engineer Ft. Belvoir, VA Watermark Risk Management International has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Weapons Effects Engineer to provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) support to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction Department (RD-CX), Counterforce Systems Division (RD-CXS) Weapons’ Effects team. Overall duties involve providing technical advice and assistance to a government program manager overseeing DTRA’s research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) programs in the areas of Weapons’ Effects Phenomenology and Weapons Mass Destruction (WMD) Agent Defeat Modeling and Simulation, with a focus on countering weapons of mass destruction. The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate exceptional technical and communications skills as described below. Travel (up to 20% of the time) will be required.
• Ability to translate requirements and observations into clearly defined written products (briefings, reports, White Papers) in short timeframes • Outstanding writing and interpersonal skills • Ability to interface with scientists, engineers, technicians, and executive level managers • Highly skilled with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and SharePoint
In this role you will:
• Function primarily as a weapons’ effects research and development subject matter expert • Advise on testing, high fidelity simulations, and fast running engineering model development to support the creation of modeling and simulation software tools • Review broad policy statements and planning guidelines to formulate weapon effects research and test programs • Create and gain approval for new, innovative technology programs designed to solve long-standing and difficult problems • Assist the government with technical oversight of the execution of programs once awarded • Advise, participate in, and aid in leading cross-organizational, interdisciplinary, and sometimes international teams of scientists and engineers in developing and executing RDT&E plans to meet customer needs • Advise and assist government program managers who oversee the development and validation of mechanistic models for integration into planning and assessment decision support tools • Advise and assist in the preparation of acquisition contract packages necessary to implement programs • Assist government program manager in monitoring performing contractors and government laboratories / research centers • Facilitate discussions and integration at meetings across the DoD weapons’ effects and Counter-Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) modeling community • Prepare technical or programmatic briefings for government program managers • Integrate technical material into organized and consolidated reports • Assess test data and ensure that performing contractors develop proposed changes to models that respond to real world observations • Collect raw material for executive level documents, briefings, and reports and consolidate into finished products • Prepare program management documentation, schedule and plan meetings, and coordinate with the government program management staff • Coordinate activities within the RD-CXS Division, the RD-CX Department, within the RD Directorate, within DTRA, and with organizations external to DTRA • Conduct comprehensive review of activities for presentation to senior DoD officials, senior delegates from international allies and in support of congressional testimony • Advise and assist in preparing and defending FYDP program plan and annual budget • Support prioritization and successful execution of FYDP POM and annual budget • Develop required programmatic and fiscal documentation supporting the planning, programming, and budgeting execution (PPBE) system
• Bachelor of Science in a physical science-based engineering field (civil, mechanical, structural, explosives, mining, or chemical, preferred) with a minimum of 9 years’ experience or a Master of Science with 7 years of relevant experience
• Current and active Top-Secret Clearance
• Current Top-Secret with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) • Familiarity with shock-physics computational-dynamics software • Familiarity with fast running weapons effects models, such as AT Planner, VAPO, IMEA, MEVA, SERPENT, and BLASTX • Experience with test and evaluation and in interpreting test results • Experience in developing and employing physical science computer models • Experience as a basic or applied researcher • Familiarity with counter weapons of mass destruction research and development • Previous DTRA experience • DoD acquisition, program management, or financial experience • Proficiency with project management software (e.g., Microsoft Project) and project collaboration platforms (e.g., JIRA) • Project Management experience and or PMP certification • Engineering certification: Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION: https://wrmi-llc.com/careers/weapons-effects-engineerft-belvoir-va/
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC
Ft. Belvoir, VA