Nov 01, 2019
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Consultation Programs, Infant Toddler Childcare Specialist will provide training, support (technical assistance), and consultation to licensed family childcare homes, licensed childcare centers, and licensed exempt providers. The goal of assisting providers to significantly improve the quality and accessibility of infant and toddler childcare, additionally, provide equal supports and technical assistance to those providers who are ExceleRate Illinois involved or have expressed an interest. All work is to be completed with minimal supervision and in accordance with organizational standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develop time limited working relationships with child care practitioners (licensed childcare providers, licensed family childcare homes, and licensed-exempt providers) to support providers around improving the quality of services to infants and toddlers (birth-3 years) through the following activities. As well as provide equal support and technical assistance to those same identified providers who are ExceleRate Illinois involved or have expressed an interest.
a. Provide time limited consultation, technical assistance and trainings regarding infant toddler development, brain science and development, positive discipline, designing environments, transitions, routines, communication/relationships-building with parents/guardians.
b. Being available by phone and email to providers.
c. Provide consultation, technical assistance and training to providers who are ExceleRate Illinois involved or have expressed an interest, and are needing support at different stages in the process.
d. Offering resources and information.
2. Facilitate cohorts or CoP’s for the express purpose of providers eligibility to receive Quality Improvement funds via IDHS, additionally provide training, technical assistance, reflective practice, and consultation.
3. Work in partnership with providers, other specialist to jointly assess and identity infant toddler program needs and concerns.
4. Work with other Infant Toddler Childcare Specialist and other Specialist to develop a comprehensive range of infant toddler trainings/workshop, CQI cohorts and Communities of Practice (CoP).
5. Work in collaboration with other agency-wide programs, initiatives, meetings, and events.
6. Maintain documentation of the contract related activities through data recording systems such as DTP and ActionForce, through timely submissions.
7. Work with the broader community organizations and stakeholders; including IAFC’s Community Partner agencies.
8. During the first year of employment, meet IDHS credentialing requirements for Infant Toddler position:
a. Attend ‘Program for Infant Toddler Caregiver’ (PITC) trainings, become certified on all 4 PITC modules ( at least 50% completion of certification process by first anniversary of employment, in re: to PITC training and review schedule
b. Enroll in ITN Trainer Registry (through INCCRR
c. Complete all INCCRRA required training
d. Achieve level 5 INCCRRA Gateway Credential
i. Early Childhood Education
ii. Infant Toddler
e. Provide services to childcare providers in spoken and written Spanish.
9. Other functions: The organization may assign other functions to the job at its discretion.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field.
Five years of experience working with young children in a full-time, full-year childcare setting, with a minimum of two years in an infant/toddler childcare setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Level 5 INCCRRA credentials in Early Childhood Education and Infant Toddler preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communications and presentations skills in English and Spanish.
Demonstrated knowledge of and respect for the ways in which adults learn and adjust to change.
Accessibility to reliable personal transportation with insurance, valid driver’s license and
Ability to travel locally with occasional statewide travel
Location: 4753 N Broadway, Chicago, IL Salary: $43,700
Illinois Action For Children is EEO/M/F/D/V employer
IL Action for Children