Oct 17, 2019
A career in our State and Local Indirect Tax practice, within State and Local Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to business restructuring, adoption of new tax laws, and communicating local tax developments. You'll help with assessing our client's state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules.
Our team helps our clients manage their indirect tax responsibilities related to value added taxes, sales and use taxes, goods and services taxes, federal excise taxes, and other transaction taxes. You'll help with identifying and exploring indirect tax opportunities and issues related to business expansion, systems and controls, refunds and cash flow, and policy and design. To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. We're leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients' needs. Job Requirements and Preferences : Basic Qualifications : Minimum Degree Required : Bachelor Degree Required Fields of Study : Accounting Minimum Years of Experience : 5 year(s) Certification(s) Required : Professional Certification in Project Management (PMP), Six Sigma Green Belt/Lean Green Belt/Master Green Belt, Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP), SAP Certified Professional, Oracle Certified Professional, Enrolled Agent, CPA or any other professional certifications approved for the practice. Preferred Qualifications : Degree Preferred : Juris Doctorate Preferred Fields of Study : Taxation Preferred Knowledge/Skills : Demonstrates proven intimate knowledge and success assisting practice management, emphasizing partial or full management of client engagements involving the evaluation and enhancement of clients' indirect tax processes and/or systems to get better control over data and manage costs, including: State and local tax sales and use tax laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, reverse audits and state controversy work. Utilization of Sales Tax software applications, such as Vertex, Avalara. Sales and use tax implications on FAS 5 and software tools available to automate sales and use tax compliance decisions. Demonstrates proven intimate technical skills in a wide range of multistate sales and use tax matters, including the following: FAS 5, reverse audits, tax planning, consulting, compliance, automation, mergers and acquisitions, controversy and audit defense. Management and oversight of implementations of Sales Tax software applications. Process improvement and technology implementation with respect to indirect taxes, including Sales & Use, VAT, and Excise taxes. Implementation of sales tax software tools in the context of ERP implementations and upgrades. Demonstrates proven intimate abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials. Demonstrates proven intimate abilities and success as a team leader, supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback. Demonstrates success as tax technical business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system. Lead as a business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiary with a CRM system. Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization and leads by example in a professional services environment including, but not limited to, the following areas:- innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions.- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients.- utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements. Advance pricing strategy through the use of pricing tools and influence a shift to alternative fee arrangements. We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Professional Diversity Network
Houston, TX, USA