Mar 27, 2020
Principal Management Analyst
Full Time District of Columbia 28 days ago Requisition ID: 1229
Principal Management Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Category: Full Time
Job Description Summary/Work Environment/Physical Demands/Daily Activities:
This position provides executive administrative assistance to the Deputy Director Future Joint Force Development, J-7, Joint Staff, Washington, DC.
· This person will work with:
· Preparing drafts and finalizing formal and informal documents
· Records and Knowledge Management
· Defense Travel
· System management
· Coordinate meetings and events
· Track budget execution
· Provide front office support.
· Develop databases and perform a wide range of integrated functions in direct support of various requirements.
· Maintain official calendar of events, coordinate and support meetings, facilities, equipment and other elements associated with daily operations.
· Prepare and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings and conferences.
· Assist in the preparation of official correspondence and documents for signature, including letters, notices, instructions, and memoranda.
· Provide clerical support including word processing of text, tables, and graphs, generation of reports and memoranda, and support briefings and technical presentations.
· Maintain and update files and logs, including action item tracking, correspondence tracking, and other tracking to facilitate programs planning, management records monitoring, and status reporting.
· Assist in the tracking and managing of all internal and external tasks.
· Maintain office calendars, schedule meetings, conferences and appointments. Schedule ceremonies for awards, promotions, retirements, etc. Manage and analyze schedules as required.
· Maintain daily availability reports and all rosters.
· Develop and execute tasks to increase office productivity, analyze procedures, processes and directives, and where necessary, provide alternatives. This includes the development of new or the revision of existing documentation.
· Manage and control all office supplies and expendables. Track utilization and provide ordering requirements to purchase officer. The contractor reviews all purchase requests and submit for approval.
· Assist in the preparation of travel authorizations and travel vouchers in the Defense Travel System (DTS) and coordinate travel. Additionally, serves as a Non- DTS Entry Agent (NDEA) as required in support of government personnel traveling for extended periods of time without access to DTS.
· Coordinate and support meetings, briefing, facilities, equipment and other elements associated with daily operations including external, internal, and audio- video/video-teleconference (AV/VTC) and web-based collaboration environment events.
• Organization – Highly organized and able to prioritize tasking.
• Time Management – uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources
• Customer Service – manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
• Computer Skills – demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technological skills up to date
• Analytical Skills – synthesizes information; collects and researches data; designs work flow
• Communication Skills (oral and written in English language) – expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; exhibits good listening skills and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods; speaks clearly; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Design & Attention to Detail – generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail; follows instructions; responds to management direction
• Adaptable – adapts to changes in the work environment; multitasks efficiently and effectively; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
• Teamwork – demonstrates professional interpersonal skills; balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
• Personal Appearance – dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed
• Attendance/Punctuality – consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
• Quantity – meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly
Job Requirements (Education/Experience/Skills/Certifications/Licenses):
· Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance level TS - SCI
· Knowledge and experience with the Defense Travel System.
· Joint Staff support experience.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting a joint staff.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Project Management skills
· Skill with Microsoft Office to the intermediate level
Current TS - SCI clearance.
Security Clearance: Secret Applicants must have an active security clearance and/or the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance. Selected candidates will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain a DoD government-granted security clearance. Individuals will be subject to a background investigation to include but not limited to, criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Benefits for eligible employees include:
· Vacation Leave
· Sick Leave
· Holiday Pay
· Company Sponsored Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Worldwide Travel Assistance
· Company contributes to medical, dental/orthodontics, and vision insurance plans
· Company offers Flexible Spending Account (FSA), voluntary life insurance for employee, spouse, and children, as well as pet discount program.
· Education Assistance Program
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
If you are interested in a career with JSL Technologies, Inc. (JSL), please complete an official application on our website at www.jsltechinc.com .
If you are seeking a career where you can truly make a difference and gain incredibly valuable experience, you’ll find it at JSL.
JSL is a certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and Veteran-Owned government contractor providing engineering, logistics, and program support services to the Department of Defense (DoD). As an organization committed to delivering practical, innovative, and affordable solutions, we provide top tier services across 13 different states and 2 international countries. Our management team has over 60 years of experience providing first class services and dedication to the DoD. JSL fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed, and highly accomplished people who respect each other, hold themselves accountable, and continually strive for improvement.
JSL Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JSL Technologies, Inc.