Oct 12, 2019
A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You'll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts. To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. We're leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients' needs Job Requirements and Preferences : Basic Qualifications : Minimum Degree Required : Bachelor Degree Required Fields of Study : Accounting Additional Educational Requirements : A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation field of study may also be considered. Minimum Years of Experience : 3 year(s) Certification(s) Required : CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar Preferred Qualifications : Preferred Knowledge/Skills : Demonstrates thorough knowledge of, and/or success in roles managing, the performance of financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices including corporate M&A, private equity, post-deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency as it relates to a global network of professional services consulting firms, including the following areas: - Tax consulting and planning e.g. analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks for undetermined tax benefits; - Transaction structuring for tax issues and corporate restructuring e.g. advising clients on tax-efficient restructuring; - Due diligence e.g. interpreting complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and preparing for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS; and, - Strategy formulation and financial modeling e.g. performing financial analyses to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions. Demonstrates thorough extensive abilities and success with managing financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices, preferably for a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas: - Applying and interpreting U.S. federal income tax law as it relates to tax due diligence exercises, including Subchapter C corporations, partnerships, consolidated groups, corporate bankruptcies and insolvencies, tax efficient structuring and use of debt, the reorganization provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, and technical writing and reviewing of opinion letters and memoranda; - Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; and, - Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues. As a tax technical professional, demonstrates ability to research business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals, considering opportunities across multiple lines of service. Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to: - innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; - working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools. Exposure to pricing, client value and the negotiation process - including reviewing contracts and finding opportunities to introduce new pricing options. We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Professional Diversity Network
Philadelphia, PA, USA