Jan 22, 2020
FSA, a rapidly growing professional services company delivering highly qualified personnel in support of the government's mission, has an immediate vacancy for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) in its Program Management Office.
HRBP implements and administers effective Human Capital (HC) strategies that deliver high levels of employee engagement and enhance organizational behaviors, capabilities, and retention, with a direct impact on customer satisfaction and achievement of business goals and operational objectives.
The HRBP has an in-depth knowledge of HC policies, processes, programs, and systems, and can respond quickly and effectively to employees, supervisors, Senior Managers, and their support staff. The HRBP assists in the interpretation of HC policies and procedures, explains HC programs and systems, and facilitates dialogue on employee/employer issues.
In all activities, the HRBP works in close partnership with supervisors, Senior Managers, and their support staff.
On an ongoing basis, the HRBP:
* Maintains an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees. Provides guidance to Senior Managers and supervisors reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
* Engages with employees to encourage feedback, helps to design and implement engagement and survey initiatives, provides analysis of engagement and survey results, and identifies areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
* Reviews and analyzes organizational metrics including data on attrition and retention in order to recommend systemic improvements.
* Supports the change management process by soliciting input from employees on proposed changes, monitoring local and state laws that drive change, and communicating changes to Senior Managers, supervisors and their employees in a positive way.
Prior to employment, the HRBP:
* Supports Talent Acquisition with business capture activities such as formatting the resumes of key personnel. May conduct interviews as the Hiring Manager's representative.
* Coordinates the engagement of new hires during the Security Access process.
* Facilitates smooth contract transition phase ins by providing support with communications, and HC change management of policies, processes, programs, and systems.
On hire, the HRBP:
* Supports onboarding activities to ensure new hires, and FSA, have all needed information.
* Plays a key role in the orientation of new employees, supplementing online training through one-on-one and group sessions that address topics such as benefits, business practices, policies, and relevant employment laws such as the Service Contract Act. This includes assisting with the development and maintenance of orientation materials.
* Works with Senior Managers to pair new employees with an appropriate mentor, if applicable.
* Serves as a resource to employees and supervisors during FSA's 90-day probationary period, engaging with Senior Leaders, the Organizational Development Manager, and Employee Relations Advisor as appropriate.
* Facilitates the smooth transition of existing employees selected to fill a new role within the company, to include coordinating training as needed.
Throughout the employment lifecycle, the HRBP:
* Maintains a strong focus on employee engagement, performance management and retention activities.
* Familiarizes employees with FSA's career lattice, professional development/dues/licensing, and training resources. Assists with the processing of Professional Certifications and Tuition Reimbursement program requests.
* Administers relevant plans within FSA's Performance Management tool.
* Supports Compensation Plan administration. Provides guidance and support to Senior Managers. Issues pay change notices to employees, as needed.
* Tracks Service Awards and provides milestone information to supervisors, Senior Managers, and their support staff.
* Provides input on the organization's training needs, and helps with the rollout of training initiatives, to include monitoring training completion.
* In partnership with Benefits, supports Open Enrollment, promotes wellness initiatives, processes Bereavement and Jury Duty leave requests, and coordinates Family Medical Leave (FMLA), Leaves of Absence (LOAs), Disability leave, and Accommodation requests.
* In partnership with the Employee Relations Advisor and Organizational Development Manager, disseminates employee relations information/training, and implements remedies on low to mid-level employee relations issues.
* Promotes FSA's Code of Conduct through pro-active dissemination of FSA's monthly "Ethics Matters".
* Conducts exit interviews for employees who are terminating, distributes results, and supports improvement activities, as appropriate.
* Facilitates smooth contract transition phase outs by providing support with communications, layoff letters, WARN notices, etc.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management/Development, Training & Development, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or a related field. High School Diploma or equivalent combined with additional work experience and/or relevant certification(s) may be substituted for degree. PHR, SHRM-CP or similar certification strongly preferred.
* 3-5 years' experience working in a role related to HCM for a Government Contractor. SCA experience strongly preferred.
* Familiarity with federal, state and local labor and employment laws.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills; oral and written
* Ability to work closely with Senior Leaders and Corporate functions and maintain a professional disposition.
* Ability to analyze and understand complicated issues, and to exercise discretion and independent judgement in matters of significance .
* Capable of identifying performance and/or behavioral gaps that can negatively influence/impact culture.
* Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and deliver on multiple priorities.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite. ADP Vantage experience strongly preferred.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Ashburn, VA, USA