Jan 24, 2020
United Rentals, Inc. is an $8 billion dollar Fortune 500 organization and the largest equipment rental company in the world. The company has an integrated network of over 1,100 rental locations in 49 states, every Canadian province, and 11 in Europe. The company's 18,000+ employees serve construction and industrial customers, utilities, municipalities, homeowners and others. Additional information about United Rentals is available at unitedrentals.com.
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the Charlotte corporate campus site operations, including facilities management , building operations, emergency preparedness, security and safety considerations, employee activities and mail processing. Tracks employee activity budget for Charlotte.
Responsible for all aspects of facility operations including general maintenance and repair, implementing space planning and moves as directed by HR, vendor management, employee activities budget oversight, office machine service, printing and mail distribution, and messenger services.
* Conduct regular walk arounds to assess facility needs.
* Ensure appropriate stock levels on beverages, kitchen supplies, copy paper, restroom supplies, etc.
* Place or confirm orders with vendors.
* Review and process invoices
* Supervise part-time porter to ensure all restrooms are fully stocked and cleaned, all trash cans are emptied, and conference rooms are fully stocked and clean
* First point-of-contact for troubleshooting maintenance repair issues, including subcontractor repair process
* Coordinate and supervise maintenance and repairs with Corporate Real Estate and HR, building management, and/or subcontractors
* Identify and recommend facility repairs, updates or upgrades including ongoing cost/benefit review and coordinate vendor selection as designated by Strategic Sourcing, Real Estate and HR
* Coordinate office renovations with Real Estate and HR to support space planning efforts and adjustments
* Orient new hires to Charlotte location through workstation set up support and working with HR to coordinate quarterly New Hire meetings
Facility Safety responsibilities include:
Incident Commander for Charlotte Campus Emergency Preparedness: Coordinate the completion of preparedness and recovery plans for the corporate office and ensures that the plans are reviewed, updated and communicated regularly. Arrange Zone Leadership, Safety Committee members and infrastructure for personnel to complete duties in the event of office unavailability. Create and share best practices to other corporate locations.
Safety: Review, maintain and update evacuation and safety plans for facility, including coordination of safety training, compliance and other safety activities. Prevent or identify safety hazards. Include Safety portion in the quarterly New Hire training sessions. Participate in quarterly Department Head meetings with safety topic and updates. Escalate safety issues as needed.
AHA Certifications: Ensure that classes are provided to keep Charlotte Campus 80% First Aid/CPR/AED certified; the Sales Development Program) secures 90% certification; and monitor all American Heart Association Train-the-Trainer .
Security: Work with IT to administer biometric operations. Coordinate office and file key distribution. Responds to alarms and arrange for special security as required.
Emergency contact for on-site after hours issues. Respond timely to issues and work quickly to assess issue/problem and contact necessary building and office management for resolution.
Facility Oversight responsibilities include:
Interact with employees and visitors with courtesy and professionalism
Reception vestibules in Suites 100, 200, 300, 700:
* Maintain the neatness of the reception area and handle all packages delivered
* Maintain the cleanliness of the conference rooms/board room/training rooms including supervising porter to restock refreshments
* Coordinate all lunches for employee activity committee functions, HR-supported functions, and as requested by HR
Ensure all incoming mail is sorted and distributed timely and all unidentified mail is resolved promptly including mail room upkeep:
* Ensure all outgoing mail is processed in a timely fashion.
* Ensure postage meters levels are always replenished
Employee Activity Chair and Administrator
* Coordinate monthly meetings to establish activities and assign necessary tasks
* Maintain budget to ensure all requirements are met
* Coordinate with Safety committee where applicable
* Keep HR informed of progress and committee requests Requirements
High School diploma or GED required or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
Experience: Facilities or Administrative experience
Other Skills Required:
* Strong organizational skills.
* Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills.
* The ability to act quickly and respond to issues with a sense of urgency and communicate with employees empathetically
* Think "outside-the-box" attitude
* Ability to lift heavy objects
* Bi-lingual Spanish a plus?
What's in it for you?
Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(K), paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Professional Diversity Network
Charlotte, NC, USA