Nov 13, 2019
Bristol Prime Contractors, LLC is seeking a Quality Control Manager in Amy Depot Corpus Christie, TX. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing quality control and quality assurance processes, procedures, and documentation associated with deliverable preparation, tracking, and reviews for construction, fuels, environmental remediation and demolition.
The Quality Control Manager ensures that project goals are achieved within the given timeframe and budget, by:
* Assist in preparing proposal technical approach and cost related to Quality Program implementation.
* Prepare Quality Control Project Plans, including Definable Features of Work, inspection requirements, and testing plan. Prepare appropriate, targeted field forms associated with this Plan.
* Ensure compliance with Submittal requirements, including maintaining submittal logs, tracking review/approval/resubmittal, and review of technical submittals as required based on subject matter expertise.
* Assist project team in preparing RFIs as necessary.
* Implement field 3-phase Quality Control process in accordance with USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors training.
* Document field quality deficiencies, and track via Deficiency Log through closeout.
* Build and lead a QC team of subject matter experts to execute successful job specific QC programs.
* Work with field team to understand the timing and rationale for quality “hold points” for inspection and testing. Plan with the field team to effectively implement the inspection and testing plan.
* Complete targeted Daily Quality Control Reports, notes of Preparatory and Initial Phase meetings, and reports of deficiencies. The focus must be on features of the work inspected and tested and the results of those inspections/testing, not field productivity.
* Report the status of quality program implementation to the Program Quality Control Manager, with copies to PM and Site Superintendent.
* Based on experience and expertise, assist project team in resolving outstanding quality concerns. Troubleshoot and problem solve as required on all projects.
* Qualified applicants must have a proven track record of meeting production, quality and customer service standards in a fast paced construction environment.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree may be required, dependent on project requirements.
Five years of recent experience as a Project Superintendent, Construction Manager, Project Engineer/Scientist, or Quality Control for construction and/or Remediation projects. OSHA 30 certification.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills and effective listening skills.
* Ability to analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
* Direct experience with and established relationships with Federal clients.
* Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, to prioritize and organize, work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
* Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines.
* Strong Excel and Word skills, familiarity with commercial scheduling software such as MSProject or Primavera P6.
* Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
* Experience supervising all aspects of construction projects for various types of clients and project delivery methods.
* Thorough knowledge of the estimating process.
* Experience with projects in ranging from $1MM to $30MM
* Knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
* Extensive travel may be required.
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
* 40 hour HAZWOPER is a plus.
Medium physical workload. Employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading. Also required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment. Specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions. The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, noise sufficient to cause the worker to shout. The worker is subject to a variety of physical conditions proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions fumes, odors, dusts, mist, gases or poor ventilation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Benefits Excellent salary and benefit package to include: paid time off, paid holidays, comprehensive health insurance plan including medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, long term disability insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match. EEO Statement Bristol companies are equal opportunity employers and offer any available positions to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, parenthood, pregnancy, marital status or changes in marital status, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. This applies to recruitment, placement, pay, benefits, training, employment status changes, social and recreational programs, and other conditions and benefits of employment. As an Alaska-Native owned company, Bristol companies seek out and hire qualified Alaska Natives and other minorities.
Construction Jobs Inc
Asheville, NC, USA