Aug 20, 2019
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Accounting team helps internal leaders with fixed assets accounting and asset management, financial reporting, accounting research and analysis, statutory and regulatory reporting, and data security. As part of the team, you'll assist with monthly closings, financial analysis, oversight and management of controls and compliance, tax and cash projections and data security. To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Job Requirements and Preferences : Basic Qualifications : Minimum Degree Required : High School Diploma Minimum Years of Experience : 4 year(s) Preferred Qualifications : Degree Preferred : Bachelor Degree Preferred Fields of Study : Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology Certification(s) Preferred : CPA Preferred Knowledge/Skills : Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas: Understanding financial activity, reconciliation process, financial reporting, accounting principles and practices; Understanding functions in business operations, business processes, organization legal structure, financial systems and software; Utilizing controls and procedures to establish strong controls in financial transactions, processing, close, analysis and reporting; Establishing and coordinating the monthly reconciliation and closing process; Understandingaccounting principles and practices, fundamentals of cost accounting, monthly accruals, impact to cash/tax accounting, reconciliation of the sub-ledgers to the general ledger; Analyzing monthly financial activity and investigating unusual fluctuations and discrepancies, identifying anomalies and proposing solutions; Applying an audit and forensic approach to reviewing the financial activity; Managing the process of communicating the findings and the proposed solutions to senior leadership, systems, IT, and other groups within the organization; Employing the Firm's standard suite of work solutions, such as Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SAP R3, Business Warehouse, Oracle, etc.; Applying data analytics/modeling tools, such as Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, etc. to visualize and accentuate discrepancies; Developing and implementing controls and procedures to establish that processing, analysis and reporting is done timely and accurately; Coaching and participating in the hiring process to help establish a department with high quality staff; and, Demonstrating ability, as a team leader, to build solid relationships with partners, controllers, directors, managers, staff members, and other personnel, create a positive environment, monitor workloads of team members, provide meaningful feedback in a timely manner, and keep leadership and staff members informed of progress and issues. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Professional Diversity Network
Tampa, FL, USA