Dec 04, 2019
Bristol General Contractors, LLC is seeking a Site Safety and Health Officer for Corpus Christi, TX. The Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) provides construction safety and health leadership and oversight in support of the Bristol Alliance of Companies (BAC) Health and Safety Programs. The SSHO is responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of Bristol Health and Safety Programs to assure compliance with regulations, client requirements and institutional policies. SSHO monitors and provides technical field support for company project sites. The SSHO provides guidance and oversight on all health and safety matters related to construction, demolition, restoration and remediation projects.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain access to secure military installations.
* Provide initial site-specific safety and health orientations that, at a minimum, covers the project Accident Prevention Plan (APP) and Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) to all project personnel, including subcontractors, as the controlling contractor.
* Hold pre-start safety meetings, toolbox meetings, and safety stand downs on an as needed basis.
* Ensure project personnel complete a daily Bristol Risk Assessment Program (BRAP) Tool, or equivalent (e.g., JSA, JHA) at the workfront prior to starting a task.
* Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with the project-specific APP, AHAs, applicable OSHA regulations and client requirements (e.g., USACE EM385-1-1).
* Interface with all project staff, regulatory agencies, clients and customers to formulate corrective actions, as needed. Be the Bristol point of contact (POC) for any Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspection or other externally driven audit activity (e.g., client).
* Deliver training, if qualified, to project employees based on the direction of the Bristol Health and Safety Training Manager.
* Support project personnel in the reporting of all incidents and near miss events and ensure accurate information is communicated to the Bristol Regional Health and Safety Manager or the Health and Safety Director.
* Assist the Bristol Regional Health and Safety Manager or Health and Safety Director with investigations of serious incidents and near miss events.
* Ensure Axiom (Bristol’s Medical Case Management firm) is engaged as soon as possible for all non-life-threatening injury incidents.
* Conduct on-site inspections and audits.
* Ensure corrective actions that result from incident and near miss investigations, audits, and inspections are implemented.
* Stay up-to-date on new safety equipment and PPE recalls.
* Respond and provide assistance to all emergency situations.
* Other duties as assigned by the Regional Health and Safety Manager or the Health and Safety Director.
High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelors in Science, Engineering or Safety preferred.
Minimum of five years recent experience in Construction or Environmental Remediation.
* Must have technical working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and USACE EM 385-1-1.
* At a minimum, must possess technical working knowledge of fall protections systems, electrical safety for non-qualified workers, permit-required confined spaces, excavation and trenching, load handling equipment, scaffolding, demolition, hazardous energy control (i.e., lockout/tagout or LOTO), hazard communication, and incident investigation.
* Must have the ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically and creatively, draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
* Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Must be flexible and adapt to constant change.
* Must be able to identify trends and anticipate risks.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with project personnel and clients.
* Must have working knowledge of MS Office.
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
The following Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) certifications:
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP),
* Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST),
* Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician (OHST), or
* Safety Trained Supervisor Construction (STSC) .
Medium physical workload. Employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer screen and extensive reading. Also required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment. Specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions. The worker may be subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, noise sufficient to cause the worker to shout. The worker may be subject to a variety of physical conditions proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. The worker may be subject to atmospheric conditions fumes, odors, dusts, mist, gases or poor ventilation. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Benefits Excellent salary and benefit package to include: paid time off, paid holidays, comprehensive health insurance plan including medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, long term disability insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match. EEO Statement Bristol companies are equal opportunity employers and offer any available positions to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, parenthood, pregnancy, marital status or changes in marital status, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. This applies to recruitment, placement, pay, benefits, training, employment status changes, social and recreational programs, and other conditions and benefits of employment. As an Alaska-Native owned company, Bristol companies seek out and hire qualified Alaska Natives and other minorities.
Construction Jobs Inc
Asheville, NC, USA