Dec 11, 2019
Bristol General Contractors, LLC is seeking a traveling Superintendent. The Superintendent coordinates all day-to-day site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
* Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
* Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
* Builds & maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
* Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout construction.
* Reads & understands the project plans, & specifications.
* Acts as technical professional for the estimating team.
* Leads the project team in planning and execution of project work plans and other project submittals and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Maintains positive relationships with customers, subcontractors, suppliers, and other employees.
* Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
* Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
* Maintains an organized and clean job site, including the construction office.
* Coordinates with designated Quality Control and Health and Safety representatives to ensure Bristol and project standards are met.
* Minimized company exposure and project performance risks.
* Supervises subcontractor and vendor procurement, material buyout and logistics coordination, preparation of subcontract scoping documents and consent packages, and subcontractor selection following applicable FAR and project requirements as needed.
* Prepares field reports, quantity tracking, applications for payment, and other project reporting documents as needed.
* Performs constructability reviews on project designs; works with design teams when applicable to find value engineering opportunities.
* Collaborates with others to generate project schedules as required.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree may be required, dependent on project requirements.
Five years of recent experience as a Project Superintendent, Construction Manager, Project Engineer/Scientist, or Quality Control for construction and/or Remediation projects. OSHA 30 certification.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills and effective listening skills.
* Ability to analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
* Direct experience with and established relationships with Federal clients.
* Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, to prioritize and organize, work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
* Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines.
* Strong Excel and Word skills, familiarity with commercial scheduling software such as MSProject or Primavera P6.
* Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
* Experience supervising all aspects of construction projects for various types of clients and project delivery methods.
* Thorough knowledge of the estimating process.
* Experience with projects in ranging from $1MM to $30MM
* Knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
* Extensive travel may be required.
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
* 40 hour HAZWOPER is a plus.
Physical Demands Medium physical workload. Employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading. Also required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment. Specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions. The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, noise sufficient to cause the worker to shout. The worker is subject to a variety of physical conditions proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions fumes, odors, dusts, mist, gases or poor ventilation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Benefits Excellent salary and benefit package to include: paid time off, paid holidays, comprehensive health insurance plan including medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, long term disability insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match. EEO Statement Bristol companies are equal opportunity employers and offer any available positions to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, parenthood, pregnancy, marital status or changes in marital status, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. This applies to recruitment, placement, pay, benefits, training, employment status changes, social and recreational programs, and other conditions and benefits of employment. As an Alaska-Native owned company, Bristol companies seek out and hire qualified Alaska Natives and other minorities.
Construction Jobs Inc
Wilmington, NC, USA