Dec 09, 2019
Merakey is seeking a Licensed Mental Health Professional to join our ITS Service Team in West Covina, California . This community-based position will support BH/IDD individuals throughout southern California.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday some evenings and weekends w/ on-call responsibilities.
Education: Doctorate or Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or other closely related human services/counseling discipline meeting the following:
* Completed twelve semester units in applied behavior analysis and possess a license and experience as specified and;
* Possesses a valid license as a psychologist from the Medical Board of California or Psychology Examining Board; or
* Is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker pursuant to Business and Professions Code, Sections 4996 through 4998.7; or
* Is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist pursuant to Business and Professions Code, Sections 4980 through 4984.7; or
* Is any other licensed professional whose California licensure permits the design and/or implementation of behavior modification intervention services.
* Have two years' experience designing and implementing behavior modification intervention services.
* Possesses or is able to obtain all necessary clearances and background checks to work with designated consumers
* Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
The Licensed Mental Health Professional as a member of the ITS Program, will possess clinical experience to assess, plan, develop, coordinate and provide treatment, rehabilitation and support services to program individuals with BH and IDD diagnosis (Dually Diagnoses) under the clinical supervision of the Program Director and Psychiatrist.
1. Provide individual and group therapy, choosing applicable modalities according to individual needs and treatment plan;
2. Leads development and monitoring of the individual behavioral support interventions;
3. Participates in the team meetings and additional consultation as needed;
4. Collects and evaluates behavioral data;
5. Observes the participant in various settings for developing a behavior support plan;
6. Collaborates with the participant, their family, and their team for developing a behavior support plan that must include positive practices;
7. Conducts comprehensive functional assessments of presenting issues (e.g. aggression, self-injurious behavior, law offending behavior (sexual or otherwise);
8. Develops and maintains behavior support plans, which utilize positive strategies to support the participant, based on functional behavioral assessments and may not include restraint procedures (physical, chemical, or mechanical) as support strategies
9. Conducts training related to the implementation of behavior support plans for the participant family members, and staff;
10. Implements activities and strategies identified in the participant's behavior support plan;
11. Monitors implementation of the behavior support plan, and revises as needed;
12. Collaborates with the participant, their family, and their team in order to develop positive interventions to address specific presenting issues; and,
13. Completes required paperwork related to data collection, progress reporting and development of planning material.
14. Provides on-going training to the program staff; to properly address the needs of the population being served; and,
15. Works collaboratively with the program's psychiatric nurse, pharmacist, and psychiatrist to coordinate medication monitoring and adjustment.
16. Develops comprehensive goal plans in conjunction with individuals, team and family members.
17. Provides service delivery coordination, including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual's treatment team.
18. Utilizes recovery based, person centered focus to develop, write implement, evaluate and revise, as necessary, individual's behavior support plan in collaboration with the Treatment Team.
19. Provides individual and group supportive interventions and symptom management ensuring that immediate changes in the treatment plan are made, as necessary.
20. Acts as a liaison and consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
21. Educates and supports individual's families and advocate for individual's rights and preferences.
22. Conducts comprehensive assessments.
23. Documents individual's progress while maintaining a permanent record of individual's activity in accordance with policies and regulations.
24. Provides treatment, rehabilitation and support services in conjunction with other team members and with direction from staff with specialty training.
25. Provides crisis intervention strategies as required.
26. Participates in daily organizational staff meetings and treatment planning meetings.
27. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
28. Participates in cross training with other specialists as deemed necessary by supervisor.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
Competitive Compensation Plans
Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
Marketplace Savings Program
Employee Assistance Program
24-Hour Nurse Hotline
Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
The Center for Hope
Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
Parents and Children Together (PACT)
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
Case Management / Recovery Coaching
Community Health Liaison (CHL)
Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
Substance Use Disorder Services
Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
Family Based Mental Health Services
Therapeutic Family Care
Foster Care Plus
Student Assistance Program (SAP)
Supports for Permanency (SFP)
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-behavioral-health.html
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
In addition to applying on our website, you may email your resume directly to our recruiter email@example.com
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
2934 E Garvey Ave S, West Covina, CA 91791, USA