Nor-Cal Beverage Co, North Olive Street, Anaheim, CA, USA
Founded in 1937 with manufacturing and distribution centers in West Sacramento and Anaheim, California, Nor-Cal Beverage Co. has been a Deary family owned and operated company for the last 80+ years. We have developed the relationships, infrastructure, support, and expertise to empower our customers and partners to thrive. As the largest independent contract packager west of the Mississippi, we are proud to serve such beverage-industry leaders as Coca-Cola®, Arizona® Iced Tea, Hansen’s® Beverage Company, Monster Energy® Company, Florida’s Natural® as well as Nestle® and others. From bottling and canning, to distribution, to equipment installation and support, we make it happen! If hard work, good pay, and an honest-to-goodness spirit of teamwork appeal to you, apply today!
Shifts: 3rd shift
Location: Anaheim CA
Hourly: $24.25 – $26.27
**Incumbent eligible for a $500 signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service **
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
Position Summary: This position operates the packaging machines for the manufacturing of beverage products. Job includes operating fillers, seamers or cappers, packaging machines, palletizers/depalletizers, and conveyors, as well as performing cleaning and sanitation requirements to meet GMP standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
Adhere to food safety and quality requirements.
· Preparation of packaging machines and all downstream equipment for operation.
· Daily operation of machines which includes the line startups, adjusting machine settings, changeovers, and cleaning of Fillers, Seamers or Cappers, Rinsers, Processing Systems, Foamers, Depalletizer, Case Packer, Case Coder, Container Coder, Palletizer, Stretch Wrapper, Shrink Tunnel, and other equipment in the normal course of duty.
· Complete accurate documentation and perform visual/quality hourly checks.
· Troubleshoot and correct machinery or quality problems.
· Operation of Forklift, certification required.
· Monitor production line, performing visual checks for problems such as pileups, jams or glue that isn’t sticking properly.
· Perform machinery parts changeovers between different product runs which includes handling feed roller, star wheels, rolling cart, etc.
· Verify work orders.
· Check adhesive/glue type, glue temperature setting as required.
· Operates machinery using a touch screen computer.
· Maintain operator’s log journal and other paperwork.
· Perform package and flavor changes (changeovers).
· Performs CIPs (Clean in Place) on various processing equipment.
· Clean conveyor, pans, floors and equipment as needed.
· Operate pressure washer.
Perform cleaning tasks during the shift, at the end of the shift and at shutdowns.
· Keep work area clean at all times.
· Assist other operators when necessary.
· Follow oral and written instructions, attend pre-shift meetings, and complete regular monthly training for Safety/EHS and Quality Systems.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
· All other duties as assigned by supervisor or lead.
Work scheduled shift, weekends, and extended hours as required, schedule subject to change
· Regular and punctual attendance.
To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each fundamental task listed above satisfactorily.
Ability to troubleshoot problems on equipment.
Has foresight and understanding of process to be proactive vs. reactive.
The ability to adapt to many situations is essential.
Ability to train others.
Demonstrate the ability to tear down packages for quality checks.
Knowledge of both upstream and downstream equipment.
Ability to understand, record, and communicate product description and codes.
Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
Have a good work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team environment.
Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
Must have the ability to follow-up.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to identify and resolve problems.
Ability to listen and work well with others.
Education and/or Experience:
· High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
· Minimum of 1-year related experience;
· Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in the Beverage industry preferred.
Language Skills: English is required, and the ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Amount of Travel Involved: None.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, climb up and down stairs, reach with hands and arms, grasp, pick, lift, stand, walk, twist at the waist, and perform repetitive motions. The employee is frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, squat, and crawl. The employee must regular push, pull, lift 10 pounds, frequently push, pull, lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as operate production machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.