Wright Brothers Construction is currently seeking experienced grading foreman for operations in Chattanooga, TN. This individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day grading operations of the company’s projects which include managing schedules, vendors, subcontractors, and personnel. The foreman ensures the project is completed within schedule and budget, with adherence to the company’s quality and safety standards. This person identifies and communicates potential and actual variations from plans, specs, and existing conditions. The Foreman provides supervision of job site staff at highway and heavy construction projects. The Forman helps promote an environment in which safety, environmental, and health concerns are top priority and ensures all work is completed on time and in compliance with project plans.
• Must uphold company values and have a positive and respectful attitude with employees, subcontractors & clients.
• Set Example and Emphasize safety, quality, and production.
• Ensure proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel including PPE, shoring & fall protection.
• Be constantly aware of multiple construction activities including employees, subcontractors, moving of heavy equipment or any other potential construction hazard.
• Through knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed
• Must be willing to obtain and maintain all certifications and required training (CPR, First Aid, OSHA 30 etc.).
• Attend jobsite safety and progress meetings as required.
• Responsible for daily electronic reporting of timecards, diaries, jobsite photos, quantities, safety observations & JHA s.
• Reviews daily production and cost analyses as required to ensure the budget and schedule is met.
• Reviews all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure the work is built to specific specifications.
• Schedule state and local inspections required to complete the work.
• Ensure the work meets proper quality control standards.
• Oversee field personnel, schedules, and construction operations.
• Responsible for job performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits, company policies and procedures including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
• Ability to read and understand project specific documents including schedules, plans and specifications.
• Holds daily huddles to confirm all crew members are aware of goals, production & specific jobsite safety requirements.
• Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
• Ability to recruit, train, motivate & develop crew members as needed for the specific job.
• Keep clear and direct communication with crew members, superintendents, clients, client representatives & office staff.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Physical requirements include standing for an extended period.
• Ability to stand and walk on rough and uneven surfaces in all weather conditions.
• Be able to operate heavy equipment, use tools and assist with labor as required to complete the job.
• Manage and evaluate heavy equipment, tools and materials as needed for the specific job or assigned task.
• Ensure equipment is inspected & maintained daily.
• Schedule maintenance as needed.
• Must be available to work as the job requires.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Wright Brothers is a Certified Great Place to Work, and we’re proud of the positive work environment we provide our employees. This includes mindfulness to our employee’s physical, mental, and spiritual being. We are aware that every person who works at Wright Brothers is an individual who deserves special care and a safe workplace. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• 401k with a Discretionary Company Match
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Buy-Up)
• Paid Time Off
• 5 – Paid Holidays
We are proudly An Equal Opportunity Employer • A Drug-Free Workplace • An E-Verify Workplace. We encourage ALL Qualified Individuals to apply!
General-Other: Construction-Skilled Trades
NO Security Clearance
•A minimum of 3+ years’ experience as a Foreman in heavy construction industry is preferred.
• Daily monitoring of labor, equipment, haul & production to ensure budgets are met.
• Must have knowledge of proper trenching procedures (sloping, benching, shoring, etc.)
• Meet the OSHA & NC DOL requirements.
• Have experience with all types of soil and rock excavations.
• The experience to properly handle deep excavations, confined space, dewatering & bypass pumping.
• Be able to check and set grades to ensure the project is in accordance with a set elevation and specification.
• Knowledge of grade control (GPS) is preferred.
• Knowledge of all types of excavation and final grade work including DOT, local and commercial work.
• Ensure operators properly maintain & thoroughly clean equipment and hand tools.
• Communicate with trucking foreman for truck needs by 3:00PM for the following day.
• Understanding and implementation of State & Local traffic control requirements
• Coordinate with subcontractors required to complete the job.
• Experience with electronic field reporting software is preferred.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferred.
• Must pass all company and other required drug and alcohol tests.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English.
Wright Brothers has grown into a regional full-service heavy civil construction company. Our design and construction services include grading, site development, highway and bridge construction, landfill construction, asphalt production and paving, aggregate processing, commercial concrete services, and industrial maintenance services.
Services associated with this work are asphalt paving, earth and rock excavation, drilling and blasting of rock, crushing and screening of rock, graded stone placement, storm drainage installation, leachate collection installation, utility installation, foundation work, steel erection, bridge construction, miscellaneous concrete construction, and erosion control installation. Wright Brothers currently performs these services in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Wright Brothers is recognized as one of the largest civil contractors in the Southeastern United States. We can draw on the resources of over 400 employees and 500 pieces of construction equipment.
We are an ambitious group, always looking for new adventures. If you have a heavy civil project, Wright Brothers has the experience you are looking for.