We offer Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, and Opportunities for Growth.
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation (PVMC), a subsidiary of Capstone Copper, is a global leader in metal mining and processing, focused on Copper and Molybdenum production.
As a member of the PVMC team, you will have the opportunity to work for a company that places its highest priorities on supporting its people and the communities where they live, protecting the environment, and providing safe and secure working conditions.
Located just outside the Phoenix metro area, at PVMC you will enjoy working in a collaborative and diverse team environment with training, development, and career growth opportunities. We live by our values; Work Responsibly, Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, and Deliver Results.
$42+ per hour, depending on experience.
401(k) – eligible from day one – ability to contribute up to 30%; Company will match dollar for dollar up to 6%; 100% vested from hire
Retirement Savings Account - Company will automatically contribute 8.5% of pay into account until the Social Security wage tax base maximum is reached, will then increase contribution to 14.2%; 100% vested from hire
Employee Share Purchase Plan – After 3 months of employment you can contribute from 2% - 7% of your annual salary up to a maximum of $5,000 per year. The Company will match your contribution up to 50%. 100% vested from hire.
About the Role
As a journeyman level instrumentation technician, you will set up, test and operate instruments and electronic devices that are used in mine and processing environments. You will troubleshoot instruments and devices, ensuring that instrument readings are accurate and properly documented.
Who We are Looking For
Are you a highly motivated individual with a commitment to the safety and well-being of your fellow employees? Do you consistently look for ways to improve yourself and others? Are you committed to living the Capstone Values? If so, then you are the kind of person that we are looking for.
• Test and calibrate instruments for heat, pressure, volume, particle size, flow rates, and PH factors.
• Experience with safely maintaining, calibrating, installing, testing and troubleshooting pneumatic, electric, electronic, and hydraulic instrumentation devices.
• Advise operations and maintenance departments on status, condition, and known issues of equipment that could affect/improve their ability to achieve production goals.
• Solid understanding of electrical fundamentals.
• Experience with OEM maintenance repair manuals.
• Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English.
• SAP experience a plus.
Physical Demands of the Role
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, including walking up and down stairs and across uneven surfaces.
• Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in both hot and cold environments with high humidity.
• Ability to kneel, crawl, stoop, and squat, occasionally in confined spaces.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
• Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire)
• 401(k) Savings and Employee Share Purchase Plans
• Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Pinto Valley Mine is an open pit copper mine located 70 mile east of the Phoenix metro area.
Pinto Valley is currently the only operating mill located in the historic Globe-Miami mining district of Arizona, one of the oldest and most productive mining districts in the United States. Since its first recorded production in 1975, Pinto Valley has produced more than four billion pounds of copper, including 0.5 billion pounds of copper cathode. Capstone acquired Pinto Valley from BHP Billiton in October 2013 and is currently the second-largest employer in the district contributing over $270 million annually to Arizona’s economy.
We are permited through 2039 and are currently working on our next permit. We have over 350MM tons of proven and probable ore reserves.