The FuelGuard Field Service Technician is responsible for completing fuel quality testing on site (gas stations, convenience stores, facilities that use gasoline or diesel for power) troubleshooting electro-mechanical problems, and performing unscheduled maintenance as well as scheduled maintenance on equipment, based upon customer demand and need. Guardian technicians are always expected to provide complete customer satisfaction in a polite and professional manner.Essential Job Functions
The primary responsibilities of the FuelGuard Service Technician will include (but are not limited to):
- Operate and maintain mobile Fuel Filtration equipment (company truck with trailer attached).
- Effectively analyzes problem situations pertaining to breakdowns of customer equipment and recommends to customer actions necessary to correct situation.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor and promotes goodwill between the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer service.
- Observes, analyzes, and determines corrective course of action for service and repair of customer equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs to correct analyzed situations in a professional and productive manner.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted customers according to Company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
- Opens and closes work orders with Dispatch, provides service repair narratives (written and verbal) for customer, and submits paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Accounts for 100% of paid time.
- Maintains part inventory and supplies in van.
- Maintains service van to ensure that it is clean, organized and hazard free inside and out
- Ensures that regular maintenance is performed on service van (i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs are performed.
- Performs factory authorized modifications per specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining personal tools required for performing the job effectively and safely.
- Responsible for following customer’s safety and housekeeping guidelines when performing repairs at customer site.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a high school diploma/GED and/or one to three years mechanical and electrical, experience in a similar environment or equivalent in college or vocational education.
- Excellent people skills and verbal communication is necessary.
- Knowledge of reading schematics and manuals.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Skilled in providing excellent customer relations by exchanging information with courtesy and consideration.
- Ability to exhibit a professional demeanor and develop customer relationships with superior service.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with all levels of an organization internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and understand necessary service and training manuals.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or demonstrated instructions.
- Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry innovations and product availability in order to make recommendations based on customer needs.
- Ability to safely operate personal hand tools.
- Ability to draw upon available support resources from within the company and recognize when it is appropriate to do such.
- Such other knowledge, skills, and abilities as are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties.
- Must obtain and maintain a DOT Medical Card
RequirementsPrevious petroleum service experience is NOT required.
Other industries that will be considered include vacuum truck technicians, septic truck technicians, environmental technicians. A proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems on your own is the most important aspect of this job.Supervisory Responsibility:
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.Physical Demands:
Personal Protective Equipment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Safety Glasses and hard hats required while performing certain tasks.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.Travel:
- Local travel is expected for this position, potentially up to 75% of the time. This position will spend a lot of time on the road, away from home. There will be situations where you are needed to drive to a branch 8+ hours away - flexibility is required.
- Must obtain and maintain a DOT Medical Card
Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record at all times.EEO Statement
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, it is Guardian Fueling Technologies’ policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Guardian Fueling Technologies does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, pregnancy, color, religion, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check, Motor Vehicle Records search, and drug screen - both at new hire and on a random, ongoing basis.GFT is a Drug Free Workplace.We offer Amazing benefits! 401k Match, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation and much more!