Instructions for all Applicants:
In order to be considered please provide a thorough and complete application.
Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We evaluate your experience based on this information.
Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application.
Please make sure you state whether work experience (aka work history) is part time or full time employment (full time is 40 or more hours per week).
Be sure to upload all the required documents listed at the bottom of the Job Description. This can be uploaded as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section. If there are missing documents, your incomplete application will not be considered.
Upon hire, all positions at Aims Community College require a criminal background check, and may require a MVR, and/or drug screen. Keep in mind, a conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being employed. The nature of a conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
Provide academic, operational, and programmatic support to the Aims Aviation Programs. This position also assists the Director of Aviation in his duties, as assigned. Aviation programmatic offerings include flight, air traffic control, and unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). Support includes managing of new student applications; onboarding and orienting new students; assist with ordering supplies and equipment; manage and provide aviation tours; manage prospective student inquiries on a timely basis; assist with ordering program equipment including input on placement, assembly, and maintenance; oversight and participation in recruiting and marketing for the Aviation Program events and displays; assists with hiring committees for part-time and full-time faculty and staff; participate and assist with the program advisory board meetings with input and analysis; assist faculty and staff in scheduling and administering/proctoring all ground challenge exams for pilots with prior FAA certifications; assist with donations, acquisitions, disposal, and all inventory management; provide recommendations for capital purchases and budget input; research and provide analysis and recommendations for process improvements; be familiar and provide support to the Incident and Accident response plan for both flight and UAS; schedules classes on a semesterly basis; participate in program advisory board meetings with input and analysis; assist in book adoption process; assist in the coordination of high school and concurrent enrollment pathways and courses; coordinate filming and partnership involvement with marketing; provide tracking, analysis and input of student fees (flight fees and lab fees) for accuracy and cost coverage; lead student advising for each flight student and assist other programs where needed; and other duties as assigned.
Budget Monitoring, Inventory Management, & Personnel Input for the Aviation Program to Include:
- Maintaining inventory management for all aviation equipment and simulation, to include UAS.
- Maintain budget upkeep during the fiscal year, providing input on the creation of annual budgets to monthly updates to the Aviation Director.
- Participate and provide input on personnel hiring within the Aviation Department.
- Assist the faculty and staff with teaching and resource needs.
- Participate and provide input in the flight operations meeting conducted weekly.
- Communicate with instructors and staff concerning program needs, conduct research and provide equipment pricing and procurement recommendations to the Aviation Director.
- Oversee and assist with equipment donations, acquisitions, inventory management, and disposal.
- Assist with price negotiations and contact vendors, and order supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Recruit & Market for the Programs in the Aviation Department, Which Includes:
- Arrange and attend career fairs, school visits, speaker opportunities, plan and participate in local/state/national events for aviation program outreach and community awareness.
- Assist with concurrent enrollment and Career Academy activities for the department as it relates to marketing, awareness, recruitment, and visiting high schools.
- Assists with webpage management, work in conjunction with marketing and the Aviation Director to create marketing brochures and other program materials.
- Assist in maintaining collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with departmental promotional items in order to maintain a visible and quality educational program.
- Coordinate filming and partnership involvement with the aviation programs both internal and external to the college.
- Coordinate and conduct tours of the aviation program spaces.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Other duties and activities as assigned.
Provide Academic, Operational, & Programmatic Support to The Aims Aviation Programs. This Position Also Assists the Director of Aviation in Duties, as Assigned. Duties Include the Following:
- Research and provide analysis and independent judgement for improvements to the aviation programs objectives.
- Interpret associated departmental and college policies/procedures.
- Interpret associated departmental state laws, federal laws and federal regulations.
- Effectively communicate both in writing and verbally in order to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Manage departmental and college priorities
- Gather, compile, and analyze data to make sound administrative and procedural decisions/judgments.
- Manage student applications, onboarding, advising, and retention.
- Schedule classes, labs, and activities for the aviation programs.
- Participate in the program advisory board meetings with input, record keeping, and analysis.
- Be familiar with and provide support to the Incident and Accident response plan for both flight and UAS.
- Assist in book adoption process.
- Assist in the coordination of high school concurrent enrollment and Career Academy processes, scheduling, tracking, and analysis.
- Assist in tracking, analysis, and input of student flight fees and lab fees for accuracy and cost coverage.
- Maintain and improve on standard operating procedures and associated program handbooks/manuals.
- Other duties and activities as assigned.
Assist the Department & the College to Meet the Goals & Objectives of its Mission & Strategic Plan. The Activities that May be Required Include the Following:
- Assist the department and the college to meet the goals and objectives of its mission and strategic plan. The activities that may be required include the following:
- Fulfill College service requirements by making meaningful contributions on campus and/or to community service groups.
- Serve on department, division, and institutional committees, as needed.
- Assist in program and curriculum reviews, revision, and the development and assessment of learning.
- Assist in maintaining the aviation’s learning spaces that include classrooms, hangar spaces, and labs.
- Demonstrate a willingness to embrace and apply the provisions of the College’s mission statement, purpose, philosophy and commitment to diversity.
Included with Aims Full-time Employment is a generous package of Benefits, most are listed below:
- Benefits are effective immediately
- 100% employer provided medical & dental coverage employees (employee only option)
- 85% employer provided medical & dental coverage for employee's spouse and/or family
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Staff Annual Leave (minimum accrual of 15 days) & Sick (minimum accrual of 12 days)
- 17 paid holidays and 3 personal days each year
- Summer schedule: 4 day work week - Fridays Off
- Employer paid long-term disability and life insurance premiums
- Tuition waiver & reimbursement for employees
- Tuition waiver for dependents
- PERA employer (see www.copera.org for comprehensive benefits)
- Additional supplemental benefits & retirement programs available
- Access to the PERC (Aims gym) for employee & one guest
- Free parking on all campuses.
Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, or veteran's status. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted and become the property of Aims Community College. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews. The goal of Aims Community College is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired, you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation, Education, Business, or other related field plus three (3) years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- OR seven (7) years of related experience working in Aviation, Education, or Business Operations.
- High levels of computer skills. Must have Microsoft Office product experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be detail orientated and highly organized.
- This position requires the use of a company vehicle and/or personal vehicle for business travel. The selected candidate must successfully pass an MVR and be insurable under Aims insurance and have a valid driver's license.
- perform in a professional manner and demonstrate good customer services skills.
- Experience working with the Federal Aviation Administration, or FAA Pilot certifications, or FAA Airframe and Powerplant certifications.
- Experience with inventory and budget management.
- Experience with marketing, including sales, displays, advertising, and coordinated events.
- Experience in working autonomously and in team environments.
- Direct operational experience in aviation or business of at least two (2) years.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Certifications, if any
Diversity Statement Instructions
Aims Community College recognizes and celebrates diversity within our students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to equity and inclusion to improve the learning experiences of all students and the working conditions of all employees.
In your diversity statement, please provide your interpretation of what it means to serve a diverse community and work in an inclusive environment.
Please include specific examples for how your background, education, and/or professional experience have prepared you to fulfill those responsibilities in this position.
As you consider what to put in your statement, please note Aims Community College is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, or any other protected class.