Mar 25, 2023
BasX Solutions Redmond Headquarters - Redmond, OR
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
BasX is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to implement manufacturing processes that result in high-quality products, delivered on time. You need to have a good knowledge of manufacturing processes, tool design and fabrication methods. Other necessary manufacturing engineering skills include project management ability, commitment to quality, and familiarity with safety and environmental standards. Ultimately, you’ll be the one to ensure our production lines work efficiently and effectively to satisfy our customers.
- Assures product and process quality by designing manufacturing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides operations with decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed.
- Study production and machine requirements.
- Develop and test effective automated and manual systems.
- Organize and manage manufacturing workflows and resources.
- Research and implement methods to reduce costs and maximize quality.
- Train personnel on new and existing processes.
- Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations.
- Upgrade systems and processes with new technology.
- Review contracts, drawings, routings, purchase orders, shop instructions and various related production and development plans for quality requirements.
- Assist qualification of new manufactured quality products.
- Support Quality Inspectors and instruct as needed.
- Investigate customer complaints and implement preventive measures.
- Identify root cause and respond with corrective action.
- Develop and execute plans for quality and control to ensure constant manufacturing continuity and product conformance.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing, mechanical or industrial engineering role.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and tool design.
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience as a manufacturing or industrial engineer or similar role.
- Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing/ Kanban/ 5S.
- MECOP or other internship/ Co-Op program experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Autodesk software, including but not limited to AutoCAD & Inventor.
- Previous experience with sheet metal design, fabrication and welding a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Highly motivated.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Time Management.
- Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations.
- Well-versed in relevant software (e.g., CAD, MS Office).
- Project management skills.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Teamwork skills.
NO Security Clearance