CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
HVAC Controls Engineer serves a critical role within the organization in creating PLC based controls programs for production orders for HVAC equipment AND troubleshooting controls issues with HVAC equipment that has been recently installed in the field.
In House Responsibilities:
- Remotely diagnose programming and controls issues with field service technicians
- Participate in after-hours remote support rotation
- Assist with programming of PLC’s and DDC controllers and diagnose issues within PLC programs
- Work with sales engineers to design low voltage DDC/PLC control systems for customer HVAC equipment
- Includes points lists, sequence of operation, etc.
- Provide final project documentation, such as as-builts, installation operation & maintenance manuals and system parameters.
- Assist with commissioning & testing of equipment on manufacturing floor
- Assist with R&D projects and systems validations
Field Equipment Responsibilities:
- Travel throughout continental US is part of the job duties, estimated 20% annually
- Onsite diagnosis of programming and controls issues with field service technicians
- Communicate well with customers and technicians in the field through email/phone
- Ability to read and translate electrical schematics for the purpose of troubleshooting
- Documentation of work performed and follow-up action plans with customers / co-workers
- Ideal candidate will possess ability to program, commission and troubleshoot PLC based controls.
- A working knowledge of mechanical, HVAC, and building automation is preferred.
- 2 years previous experience or combination of education and experience in programming and controls.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
- HVAC system concepts, equipment and terminologies
- Any AutoCAD platform
- Programming experience in one form of DDC/PLC programming languages.
- Training will be provided for product lines used within the Company
- Microsoft Office Applications.
- Professional communication skills, both verbally and in written.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and overall computer skills.
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Able to work well with very little directive, carry out assignments and prioritize issues.
- Organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Highly motivated.