May 24, 2023
$20.56 - $29.61 hourly
565 Communication Circle, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
The Operation TBI Freedom (OTF) Military Support Specialist II is responsible for providing assessments, referrals, educational opportunities, emotional support, transition services and crisis management to assigned caseload of active-duty Service Members and/or Veterans with TBI and their families. This position's primary responsibility is to provide long-term non-clinical case management to this population. This position will collaborate with DoD, Military, VA & civilian providers, agencies, organizations & groups to facilitate continuity of care and optimal client outcomes. This position will assist in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive resource bank of medical and non-medical TBI services and programs that are available for clients in the Colorado area. This position is permanently located in the Colorado Springs Office.
- Manage case load that includes patients with mild, moderate and severe TBI. Tailor unique casework plans for each client that promotes optimum independence, productivity and successful reintegration into civilian life.
- Coordinate appropriate resources and services for clients and families such as crisis management and counseling, mentoring, emergency financial assistance for employment training and support. Act as an advocate for the client.
- Provide follow-up for a population of active-duty Service Members and Veterans with TBI injuries.
- Provide education and training opportunities, as well as advocacy for patients and families, key unit personnel, supervisors, and others in the military community regarding traumatic brain injuries.
- Analyze complex VA benefits, identify potential benefit enhancements and assist Veterans with TBI injuries in maximizing his or her access to healthcare and other benefits.
- Determine the need for emergency intervention services, provide crisis intervention and participate in 24/7 on call responses.
- Meet all required response timeframes for case work, follow up, risk assessments, and case closures that are established by State Law, Craig Hospital and departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Facilitate communication between various providers; present client materials, consult with Program Manager and other MSS II's on challenging and difficult client issues and regularly attend monthly case meetings. Prepare and present cases in meetings and incorporate recommendations into client case plans.
** This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
General-Other: Medical-Health, Mental Health, Social Service
$20.56/Hour - $29.61/ Hour
NO Security Clearance
- Licensure/Certification/Registrations: Must have current, valid, Colorado driver's license in good standing and insurable. Certified Brain Injury Specialist or ability to become certified within the first year of employment strongly preferred.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience with the evaluation and treatment needs of patients with disabilities required. Previous Human Service or related field experience required. Previous military service in a leadership role required. Experience with TBI military patients strongly preferred.
- Skills & Abilities: Excellent organization and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and ability to interact with people from different walks of life and/or in various emotional states. Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and prioritize and schedule accordingly. Ability to effectively facilitate, brief and train small groups. Work collaboratively with other departments and outside entities. Ability to use professional judgment to identify areas for improvement and participate in development of quality initiatives. Ability to manage administrative requirements and tasks, as this is an important and detailed portion of this position. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position. Proven analytical, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills. Creative and able to be an "out of the box" thinker. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.