Feb 18, 2023
Professional Diversity Network
Boston, MA, USA
Atrius Health, an innovative healthcare leader, delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 690,000 adult and pediatric patients at 30 medical practice locations in eastern Massachusetts. Atrius Health's 645 physicians and primary care providers, along with 420 additional clinicians, work in close collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities. Our vision is to transform care to improve lives. Atrius Health provides high-quality, patient-centered, coordinated, cost effective care to every patient we serve. By establishing a solid foundation of shared decision making, understanding and trust with each of its patients, Atrius Health enhances their health and enriches their lives. Atrius Health is part of Optum, a health services company focused on building the leading value-based care system in the country
Summary of Position
Under general supervision, responsible for supporting upkeep and maintenance of desktop computers within all Harvard Vanguard locations to ensure they are running optimally. Duties include installing, testing, configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing a range of technology programs, systems and equipment. Provides accurate, timely, and creative solutions to first and second level end-user computer and networking problems to ensure end-user productivity. Performs restorative and maintenance actions to resolve company-wide problems, using basic to advanced troubleshooting and technical skills. Responds to situations when standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing problem equipment or software installations, moves, and/or configuration changes. Maintains accurate information and data regarding end-user issues within the tracking system and according to policies and standards. Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required to resolve problems and making recommendations. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to other staff. On-call duties are an expected part of this position. Reports to an IT Manager or Supervisor.
* Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems and peripherals within the HVMA. Provides a range of technology support services to end-users in the company utilizing desktop management solutions. Troubleshoots and repairs computers. Installs, configures and maintains collections (groups) of desktop and laptop computers and peripherals such as printers using the desktop management software. Works closely with the Helpdesk, Desktop Support, Telecommunications, and Network teams to ensure all systems are functioning optimally.
* Resolves first and second level technology problems and performs troubleshooting for end-users when required. Defines problems, collects data, determines facts and draws valid conclusions. Escalates third level support issues to higher level staff for guidance.
* Tests and/or monitors systems to locate the problems. Uses technical manuals as needed. Once issues and solution are identified, makes repairs including reinstalling software or replacing hardware that is not working.
* Conducts pilot tests for all changes to the PC environment. Once changes are made, tests computers before beginning a deployment of the change. Monitors outcomes as needed.
* Documents all changes made to the PC environment according to established procedures.
* Installs and configures application and operating system software and upgrades.
* Troubleshoots and repairs hardware and network connectivity issues affecting the enterprise. Removes old equipment and performs data migration to new machine.
* Creates and maintains installation processes for all computer systems.
* Oversees the daily performance computer systems and evaluates software programs with regard to their compatibility with the standard desktop systems. Upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems as needed.
* Reads and interprets documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and technical procedure manuals. Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions and works effectively with abstract and concrete variables.
* Schedules and performs work to meet established time lines.
* Establishes and maintains accurate records or service calls and resolutions.
* Maintains physical inventory of equipment.
* Performs all job functions in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and company policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as needed. Any other duties performed which are not listed as essential functions are considered non-essential functions.
Education: Associate's degree (or equivalent education, training or experience) in computer science. Special certification such as MCSA and/or A preferred.
Skills and Experience: Skills and experience typically acquired through 3 - 5 years experience in desktop support. Experience installing, testing, and configuring communication systems, network dependent devices, and infrastructure components. Ability to troubleshoot and fix end-user problems. Experience with software and hardware upgrades. Excellent problem solving and customer-service skills. Thorough knowledge of PC hardware, software and network connections. Ability to install, repair and provide preventative maintenance of the PC and related systems. Strong hardware troubleshooting skills on workstations and laptops.
Must have the ability to lift and transport computers and computer related hardware weighing approximately 40 lbs.
Busy office environment with frequent deadlines and interruptions.
May be required to provide on-call support.
The statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Atrius Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting or any other employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, military service or application for military service, veteran or disability status.Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA);Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).VEVRAA Federal ContractorRequest Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the statePDN-9626b222-95e9-4a41-ae93-3b564141d2a8