Feb 02, 2023
Job Description Summary
- We are looking for an International and Domestic shipping clerk to participate in our distribution center operations and activities. The International and Domestic shipping clerk will be required to create shipments and package many different types of material destined for many different countries. Prepare & ensure accuracy of shipping documents such as bill of ladings, loading plans, and material test reports. Distribute outgoing shipping paperwork and tags to shop coordinators and drivers
- The pace is fast and requirements range from small package to full truck. Candidate must be adaptable and able to switch focus quickly but maintain safety and accuracy. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Basic Qualifications Required:
1. Education Requirements: High School Diploma.
2. Basic MS Office proficiency is required.
3. 2 years of general warehouse experience and international shipment paperwork and coordination.
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship, prepare BOL)
- Engage drivers and customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Receive and ensure accuracy of incoming material into the computer system
- Communicate with other departments to resolve issues with deliveries
- Sign off on and ensure proper signatures of satisfactory deliveries
- Maintain inventory of materials and supplies
- Scan shipping / receiving documents into system
- Answer phone calls and solve inquires
- Make appointments and email advanced notifications of deliveries to sales team and customers
- Assist managers and shipping coordinator as needed
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors, coworkers, and other departments
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Friendly and professional team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven working experience as a Warehouse Worker
- Proficiency in inventory software, and systems
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50lbs.
- Lift Truck certification required, company provides
Other, Project Management
NO Security Clearance