The person in this position will be responsible for planning and coordinating the clinical activities related to mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) services for Grant Per Diem (GPD) Veterans and their families. Interview veterans upon admission or when referred by staff for therapy, conduct assessment and individual, conjoint, couple, and multiple family group counseling as indicated. Essential Job Functions include those listed below. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the mental health operation and functioning of CFR in accordance with Chapter 24 Accreditation/CARF Accreditation and other contracts.
- Plan and coordinate the clinical activities relating to GPD clients and their families.
- Supervise the screening and assignment of cases referred for mental health services and SUD.
- Assist staff at arriving at solutions to client problems as they relate to mental health, SUD, and life skills issues.
- Participate in staff meetings and conferences related to client treatment plans and progress.
- Participate in discharge planning with staff during and at program completion.
- Attend and participate in the diagnostic and technical meetings for cooperative planning and services delivery by staff and referral agencies.
- Participate in staff training as it relates to clinical and program operations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the quality improvement process as it relates to program services.
- Participation in Quality Improvement activities on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for maintaining the client charts in compliance with agency, state, and any other rules and standards; and
- Must Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision, and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to operate a computer and complete documents in Microsoft Word program formats or the ability to learn.
- Ability to respond as needed to crisis situations in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct, especially to standards governing confidentiality.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be culturally/linguistically sensitive to populations served.
- Military/Veteran preferred.
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a criminal background clearance
- Valid drivers license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCares vehicle insurance is required; and
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification, and an annual Tuberculosis test.
- As mandated by Presidential Order all employees of WestCare Foundation, Inc. and all affiliates of WestCare Foundation, Inc. will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective 11/1/2021. Employees that have requested a Medical or Religious Exemption, which has been approved by Human Resources will be required to test for the virus weekly.
- During your tenure with WestCare there may be new requirements, including, but not limited to vaccinations that are issued by local, State, Federal, and/or Funders that WestCare may have to comply with. Should this occur Human Resources or appropriate personnel will inform you.
- Masters Degree from an accredited educational institution, preferably in the social work, counseling, or psychology or
- Experience working as a clinician in a similar program preferred.
- Not applicable for this position
- Work is primarily performed in a residential setting.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.