CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
The Renovations Specialist is responsible for completing all construction and renovation on inventory homes in a portfolio of communities. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, inventory home management, portfolio management and project management to ensure community inventory is ready for sale in good physical condition with a stabilized fiscal operation. Use of technology to communicate and report objectives and progress. To adhere to all applicable fair housing laws governing real estate sales, leasing and management maintenance service. The following is meant to cover many of the tasks to be performed, however duties and responsibilities are not conclusive below and can change as the Company deems necessary and as determined by your supervisor
- Use and application of skillset to renovate mobile homes, apartments, offices, and clubhouses, as needed.
- Use of hand and power tools to demo and construction of homes, apartments, offices, and clubhouses, as needed
- Follow instructions and scope of work with attention to detail and focus on efficiency and cost savings
- Attend regular safety training events and hold self and team to high standards for workplace safety
- Coordinate and collaborate with Renovation Team Lead to determine proper scopes and scheduling of renovations.
- Inspect all inventory homes within region for readiness status. Identify all repairs needed and create a scope of work within estimated costs for all repairs.
- Communicate inspection requests, analyze quotes and scopes for accuracy and submit for approval. Follow up with vendors or team for scheduling and completion of work, as needed.
- Physically examine the inventory and renovation work of the properties on a regular basis
- Research building materials and aim to find the best quality and price
- Use technology (i.e., mobile phone, tablet, laptop or PC) to create, track, and report progress on all work orders, timesheets, and performance.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, College Degree preferred.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Proficient in Excel, MS Office, Internet, and various computer and mobile device applications.
- Construction Experience Preferred
- Knowledge and experience in some, or most, areas of rough and finish carpentry, plumbing, electrical, siding, flooring, painting, and home finishing.
- Experience in use of hand and power tools used for demo and construction of homes, apartments, offices, and clubhouses, as needed
- Energetic and positive with a sharp eye for detail.
- Must be safety and results driven.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to travel up to 25%, some weekends may be required
FLSA CLASS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Renovation Team Lead
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
JOB CATEGORY: Inventory
POSITION CLASS: Inventory
- Treats everyone with respect, compassion and kindness Builds internal respect and loyalty with customers. Demonstrates concern for customers. Effectively responds to customer needs. This includes responding timely to requests, listening to others, and seeking to understand others when there are differences of opinion, finding ways to build on each other’s ideas. Acts with empathy and focus, while able to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate integrity, transparency and doing things the right way Makes lemonade out of lemons. This includes following policies, demonstrating financial responsibility with Lakeshore assets, complying with state and federal law, and practicing safety. Conforms to the highest professional standard. Turns challenges into wins.
- Collaboration and teamwork Involve key stakeholders in decision making. This includes developing and maintaining positive work relationships. Enhances the level of cooperation. Actively participates in team-oriented objectives and activities. Focuses on team success, over individual.
- Solves problems and is transparent about outcomes Champions new initiatives beyond the scope of the department. Seeks to improve in all aspects of work performance. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and innovation. Encourages people to maintain high standards of quality and thoroughness.
- Serves our employees and residents to improve their lives - This includes maintaining the property that creates curb appeal, a welcoming community environment, supports individual and family activities, creates a sense of neighborhood. At work, continually challenges self to grow and develop to be the best you can be at work.
- Developing Fellowship - The ability to influence others through insight, logic, and communication in a positive way to attain results. Inspires and motivates others to achieve goals, complete task and deliver discretionary effort. Be a consistent role model of the Lakeshore values, leadership competencies, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Implementing the Vision - The ability to articulate the vision and get others to take responsibility through training, setting clear and transparent expectation, managing performance, providing early, often, and actionable feedback. Provides appropriate tools and resources for employees to implement vision and tactics. Delegates effectively.
- Following Through - The ability to create plans, check-in periodically to ensure progress is being made, and assist as appropriate to remove barriers, helps others learn from mistakes and ensure task are completed. Also includes, asking tough questions, facing disagreements, and managing conflict constructively. Holds self and others accountable to agree upon expectations.
- Achieving Results Sets challenging goals, stays focused on results, and builds a culture where employees want to provide maximum contribution. Demonstrate leadership by challenging status quo, taking a stand, have healthy, respectful debate to improve processes and outcome.
- Team playing Builds credible and trustworthy working relationships with boss, peers, and subordinates. Develop followers to use their strengths and help them achieve their professional goals. Viewed as an effective team member and has ability to influence senior leaders.
COMPENSATION: $23.00 - $27.00/ hr. (Based on experience)
LOCATION: Byrnwood - Murfreesboro, TN
Lakeshore embraces Diversity and Inclusion, and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including pre-employment drug screening. Lakeshore is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace, for the purpose of workplace safety and health. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Covid-19 Protocols for all Candidates:
- Social Distancing (6 feet)
- Masks are required
- We provide sanitizer to keep hands clean
- If arrangements are needed, please discuss with Hiring Manager
Occasionally required to stand, occasionally required to walk, occasional exposure to outside weather conditions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds, with or without assistance.