OBXtek is staffing positions for Instructor Combat Systems Officer/CI - on the MC-130J MDS
for the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) 492 Special Operation Wing (SOW) and operational units.
Instructors will provide instruction, in accordance with applicable Department of Defense (DoD), United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), and Air Force Instructions (AFI) to meet United States Air Force (USAF) proficiency and qualification standards on Air Force administered written examinations and flight evaluations for preparatory courses, initial qualification (basic, instrument, mission), transition (conversion, requalification), upgrade qualification (instructor, aircraft commander, special mission, evaluator, dual qualification of sensor operators), and key staff, continuation, refresher course, etc. training as required to meet the on-time graduation and annual student throughout requirements of this contract. Other requirements include:
- Ensure syllabi tasks are 100% complete within the time specified for the lesson.
- Ensure completion of Aircrew Graduate Evaluation Program (AGEP) in accordance with applicable Air Force Instructions and training syllabi.
- Use air traffic control services and radio calls during instruction that are in accordance with the most current edition of the Federal Aviation Administration Order 7110.65, Air Traffic Control, or applicable International Civil Aviation Organization manuals and circulars for overseas continental United States (OCONUS) locations.
- Support instruction of the AFSOC Instrument Refresher Course (IRC) with qualified IRC instructors.
- Support instruction of the Crew Resource Management Course (CRM) and CRM Facilitators Course with qualified CRM instructors.
- Support instruction of the Night Vision Devices with qualified aircrew instructors.
- Support instruction of aircraft radios, datalinks and other cryptographic radio devices as assigned, with qualified aircrew instructors in assigned training devices.
- Support the Critique Program with suggested changes/mitigation(s) as required.
These positions are located at Harrisburg, PA. Qualifications Requires a valid Secret Clearance.
- Minimum of five 5 years AFSOC aircrew experience required.
- Instructor candidates who were instructor certified in the proposed MDS and were current in U.S. military aircraft within the previous two years;
Instructors formerly instructor certified (in the proposed U.S. military MDS aircraft) within the previous four (4) years if the following conditions are met at the time of hiring:
the candidate performed eight (8) years of military operational flying duty; and at least two (2) years or 200 hours experience as an inflight instructor in the proposed MDS and associated mission sets
Secret Company Information
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with OBXtek's COVID-19 policy. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer COVID-19 policy which may include any or all the following: social distancing, masks, vaccination, mandatory statements regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory testing .
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People...Our Reputation.
Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine. OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.