Person in this position will be responsible for the organizing, planning, and delivering onsite group education sessions for parents and children in various life skills areas following evidence-based curricula for the Celebrating Families Program. Essential Job Functions include those listed below. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the organizing, planning, and delivering onsite group education sessions for parents and children in various life skills areas following evidence-based curricula for the Celebrating Families Program.
- Work with team to assess each familys need for educational services, including but not limited to, substance use prevention and healthy living skills.
- Facilitate a positive learning environment.
- Provide input at case staffing team meetings.
- Evaluate the progress of the participants assigned to their groups.
- Objectively observe participants behavior alone and their interactions with other parents, children, and peers.
- Keep accurate client records/charts.
- Must Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision, and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Experience and Competencies:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in word processing programs, preferably MS Word, and spreadsheet programs, preferably MS Excel. Internet skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- High level of initiative.
- Adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct, especially to standards governing confidentiality.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal history background check.
- As mandated by the State of California those employees who work at Residential, Outpatient, Sober Living, provide Mental Health Services, Administrative Staff or Transitional Living Facilities must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster. Employees that have requested a Medical or Religious Exemption, which has been approved by Human Resources will be required to test for the virus weekly.
- During your tenure with WestCare there may be new requirements, including, but not limited to vaccinations that are issued by local, State, Federal, and/or Funders that WestCare may have to comply with. Should this occur Human Resources or appropriate personnel will inform you.
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification, and an annual Tuberculosis test.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working in the field of social services or human services is preferred.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field (psychology, social work, rehabilitation) is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Not applicable for this position.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB:
- Work is primarily performed in an office or in a Residential/Outpatient treatment setting.
- Some outdoor activities may be required.
- Must be able to de-escalate situations in the program.
The employee must be able to perform the following essential duties and activities with or without accommodation: PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires mobility and physical activity: Having an adequate range of body motion and mobility to work in an office, residential, or outdoor environment including standing and walking (even and uneven surfaces), sitting for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional lifting and carrying of up to 10 pounds. Use of computer and telephone systems is required which includes coordination of eye and hand, and fine manipulation by the hands (typing, writing, and working with files). Requires the ability to defend oneself and clients in physically abusive situations using approved physical de-escalation techniques.
- Requires talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is required to impart oral information to employees, clients, patients, and the public, and in those activities in which the employee is required to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Requires hearing: Hearing is required to receive and communicate detailed information through oral communication.
- Requires seeing: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and at distance. This factor is required to complete paperwork for many of the employees essential job functions and to observe client behavior and activities in and out of the facility.
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to human blood, body fluids or tissues. However, exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee.
- Requires the ability to collect and analyze complex numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions.
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with clients, co-workers, managers, the public and employees at all levels to exchange ideas, information, instructions, and opinions.
- Requires the ability to work under stress and in emotionally charged settings.
- The ability to defend oneself and clients in mentally/verbally abusive situations using approved mental/verbal de-escalation techniques.