Jan 13, 2023
WestCare Foundation, Inc.
San Diego, CA, USA
Person in this position will be responsible for the counseling and case management of clients enrolled in the program. Essential Job Functions include those listed below. Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize intake and screening instruments using a gender-specific assessment of needs to obtain a complete medical history; history of substance abuse; physical, emotional, and sexual abuse/incest history; education level; work history; involvement with the legal system.
- Deliver individual and group substance abuse counseling services, substance abuse educational services, and other gender-specific and culturally responsible therapeutic activities throughout the continuum of care.
- Provide counseling for trauma resulting from physical and domestic violence, sexual abuse, and relapse prevention.
- Conduct frequent random urine testing.
- Create opportunities to complete GED and continue academic education through on-site and community resources.
- Arrange for the onsite provision of HIV_AIDS counseling and for pre and post HIV testing.
- Establish formal linkages with community providers for provision of all necessary services including basic needs of food, clothing, housing, finances, assistance in legal matters, family planning, vocational and educational needs, transportation, health care, mental health services, child welfare services and support services.
- Maintenance of individual client treatment files in accordance with agency policies and procedures, including documentation of vocational/educational activities as well as all other pertinent documentation.
- Serve as a trainer for program staff
- Participate in daily shift exchange including documenting in facility log at the end of shifts and thoroughly reviewing log at the start of shifts.
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision, and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Alcohol and Drug Certification in good standing by an agency approved and recognized by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is required at time of hire.
Experience and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- One year experience as a counselor in a treatment program facility is required.
- Must possess knowledge of chemical dependency, substance abuse and personality dynamics of the substance abuser.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct, especially to standards governing confidentiality.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be culturally/linguistically sensitive to populations served.
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance from California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR).
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance from LEIE.
- Valid drivers license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCares vehicle insurance is required; and
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification, and an annual Tuberculosis test.
- As mandated by the State of California those employees who work at Residential, Outpatient, Sober Living, provide Mental Health Services, Administrative Staff or Transitional Living Facilities must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster. Employees that have requested a Medical or Religious Exemption, which has been approved by Human Resources will be required to test for the virus weekly.
- During your tenure with WestCare there may be new requirements, including, but not limited to vaccinations that are issued by local, State, Federal, and/or Funders that WestCare may have to comply with. Should this occur Human Resources or appropriate personnel will inform you.
$22.75 - $22.75 Hourly
NO Security Clearance