HATSOFF (Honoring All The Sacrifices Of Freedom Fighters) is a fast-paced non-profit Veterans helping Veterans organization. We ensure that we are going above and beyond for every Military Service Member. It is important to us. Each of us grew up to some degree though the Military. We are brothers and sisters to one another. Who looks out for us? Our brothers and sisters in arms. From day one in basic training in every branch we learned to rely and lean on each other for everything. HATSOFF is breaking every barrier and going through every hurtle so we don't let anything stand in our way of protecting each other. HATSOFF is the future that Veterans have been waiting for. Veterans are the best this country has to offer to keep every man, woman, and child safe and free; so, it is only right for Veterans to receive the best this country has to offer. Therefore, I am searching for a selfless, never leave a service member behind, and dedicated Mentor Veteran Coordinator for HATSOFF. The Mentor Veteran Coordinator (MVC) will be responsible for managing every Mentor in their region, assisting their Mentors with problem solving situations, ensuring that Mentors have conducted pertinent required training, assigning Mentors to the appropriate Mentee according to accurate biographical and situational data. The Mentor Coordinator will work directly for my Assistant Director of Training and Development. The ideal candidate is morally and ethically unmovable, highly self-motivated, professional, well organized, and thinks outside the box.
The Mentor Veteran Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the volunteer mentor with mentee's, liaison, or with our partner organizations.
The Mentor Veteran Coordinator will work collaboratively with Mentors, Human Resources Manager, Assistant Director of Training and Development, and Department Heads.
*The following additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Respond to inquiries and all requests for follow-up.
• Plan and host monthly mentor/match activities for existing mentors.
• Support program staff with coordinating mentor meetings at least 3-4 times a year.
• Provides orientation for Mentor volunteers to ensure compliance, organizational overview and
policies/procedures before programming onsite training.
• Process all Mentor volunteer compliance paperwork.
• Update and maintain mentor volunteer records.
• Write assessment reports of each case conducted and have it submitted as directed by Executive Director of Training and Development.
• Create, update and maintain documents, outreach materials and manuals on Google team drive.
• Support program staff with supervision/case management for current mentors as necessary.
• Support department staff with mentor appreciation and retention initiatives.
• Create and distribute mentor/mentee surveys and compile results for written reports.
• Participate and attend all paid team, staff meetings, trainings, annual retreat, outreach/recruitment events, volunteer appreciation events and other required events/activities that have been designated as a requirement.
• Attend conferences or other external professional development opportunities as resources allow.
• Management experience is required.
• Strong volunteer supervisory and interpersonal skills.
• Strong passion and desire to help a Veteran feel their life has meaning.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, written, oral communication and presentation skills.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities; and be enthusiastic, to have a positive attitude, and always do what is right when there isn't always direct supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other Mentor Veteran Coordinator peers, community partners, and Mentee's.
• Demonstrated integrity, respect, confidentiality, and collaboration.
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed based on emergency needs at hand, and paid training.
• Proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft Suite required.
• Reliable transportation with a good driving record and insurance.
• Bilingual is a plus but not a requirement.