Founded in 2021, the Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy at Purdue (KITDP) aims to secure freedom from techno-authoritarian threats by accelerating the widespread innovation and adoption of trusted technology. The nonpartisan Institute is the preeminent global authority on Tech Diplomacy, integrating tech expertise, Silicon Valley strategies and foreign policy tools to build the Global Tech Trust Network of governments, companies and individuals united around a set of trust principles and a common mission to ensure technology advances freedom. KITDP is a bipartisan initiative under the Purdue Research Foundation (PRF), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit affiliated with Purdue University, with physical offices in West Lafayette, IN and Washington, DC.
As the Director of Global Partnerships, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the Chief Growth Officer (CGO) by managing and coordinating global partner programs for KITDP. Key responsibilities will include maintaining relationships with a diverse range of Institute partners, such as companies, universities, governments, think tanks, associations and foundations. The Director will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive onboarding program; coordinating partner events, experiences and initiatives in collaboration with other KITDP functions; and conducting research on current and prospective partners to support the CGO's growth and strategic partnership strategy. Based in Washington DC, you will report directly to the Chief Growth Officer and serve as an integral part of the KITDP team, working together to establish mutually beneficial partnerships that advance freedom through trusted technology.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is mission-driven, passionate about freedom and technology, and is comfortable and enthusiastic working in a start-up and growth environment. Excellence, teamwork and a can-do attitude are essential.
- Implement partnership programs and processes, from onboarding to program management to assessment
- Collaborate with internal teams such as operations, communications, marketing, strategic initiatives, and others to coordinate events, experiences, projects and communications that support KITDP partner programs
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of existing partnerships, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement, growth and impact
- Establish and maintain a strong network of contacts within the industry, attending conferences and events to expand the organization’s presence and forge new connections
- Manage partnership agreements, ensuring excellent program delivery and compliance with contractual terms and conditions
- Regularly report partnership progress, achievements, and challenges to the Chief Growth Officer and other senior leadership, providing actionable insights and recommendations for future strategy
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization, representing its values and mission in partnership interactions
- Create and maintain a database and analysis of current and prospective global partners across categories, as well as produce written content for the organization, such as marketing materials, website copy, digital newsletters, email correspondence and invitations
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team to establish and maintain relationships with potential partners
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively with stakeholders from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds to cultivate new opportunities
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills to ensure successful partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage with potential partners and donors
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to cultivate new partnership opportunities
- A strong passion for the future of trusted technology and a desire to inspire and engage others to make a positive impact
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field; advanced degree or professional experience in business, management, international affairs or related fields is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience managing membership or partner programs at a nonprofit organization is a must
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience
About Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy at Purdue
The Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy at Purdue is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The Institute views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Institute-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.