Carry out the mission of the Purdue for Life Foundation by creating meaningful, intentional touch points with Purdue students, alumni, and friends which lead to staying connected, getting involved, and giving back.
The Assistant Director, Student Engagement is one of the foundation’s front-line employees for our student facing initiatives. Their role in the process of creating a strong, long-term pipeline for students to be involved as alumni is essential as they interact with future alumni on a weekly, if not daily basis. This person will assist in overseeing the Boilermaker Station Welcome Center, where they will come across thousands of students, alumni, and guests each year. This specific interaction is key to recruiting volunteers and engaged constituents.
We are a looking for an energetic, passionate, creative, and driven individual who is excited to grow the long-term success of our student engagement initiatives.
- Assist in developing a long-term student engagement plan that leads to long-term engagement post-graduation.
- Recruit alumni volunteers to serve as mentors, speakers, panelists, or other volunteer roles.
- Track program metrics and constituent data such as event attendance, learning outcomes, and contact information.
Purdue Alumni Student Experience (PASE)
- Execute programs and membership sales for Purdue Alumni Student Experience (PASE), the largest student organization at Purdue with over 7,000 members.
- Advise the PASE Board of Directors in planning events and programs, leadership development, and connecting with the broader Purdue for Life Foundation.
- Help student board members with the social media platforms for PASE (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), while collaborating with the foundation’s marketing and communications team.
- Develop processes and materials to train board members on leadership, program development, marketing and communications, and event planning.
- Assist the membership sales process for PASE – create and implement a marketing strategy, sales process, and organizing membership kit distributions.
- Create meaningful engagement opportunities for graduating students in their final year that encourage a strong relationship with Purdue after graduation.
- Lead the efforts for Senior Week and Send-Off that occur in the fall and spring.
- Work with other areas of the Engagement Team to create pipelines to alumni involvement for students after they graduate.
- Utilizing Purdue Ties, our mentoring platform provided by Graduway, create and manage two mentoring programs that connect alumni and students.
- Assist with other events for the Engagement Team and the Purdue for Life Foundation as available.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to maintain an updated website and communicate to students and alumni.
- Manage relationships between the foundation and campus and community partners.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Knowledge of student development theory.
- Volunteer recruitment and management skills.
- Familiar with social media engagement tactics.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of individuals.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A candidate who studied education, non-profit management, organizational leadership, human development, or a related field would be most fulfilled in this role.
- Student advising
- Alumni relations and engagement experience
- Recruitment and/or sales experience
- Volunteer management
- Campus programming, specifically as it pertains to networking and professional development
- Leadership development and programming
- Experience in event planning
About Purdue for Life Foundation
The Purdue for Life Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Purdue for Life views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.