Dec 14, 2022
$70,000 - $80,000 yearly
30500 Whipple Road, Union City, CA, USA
Installation - Maint - Repair
The position of Field Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and correcting any customer fixture problems promptly, efficiently, and with a strong focus on the customer relationship. This position reports to the Manager, Field Service and works on customer locations with minimal responsibility, as well as assisting the Quality Team with product improvement projects to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
What Will You Do?
- Works directly with electrical contractors, agents, and site facilities personnel to quickly identify the scope and cause of the problem, then develop and carry out an action plan to resolve the issue.
- Personally, or by directing a team, carry out on-site resolution of electrical or mechanical issues with light fixtures or associated controls.
- Assist Field Services Coordinator by providing technical information to diagnose and resolve field problems.
- Assist contractors with troubleshooting over the phone.
- Manages work schedule of Field Service activities to ensure timely completion.
- Coordinate all aspects of arranging a field service visit, materials, equipment, schedule, and personnel.
- Develop and test immediate solutions for field problems and participate in developing preventive measures.
- Prepare technical instructions or diagrams to assist electrical contractors with installation or repairs.
- Plan travel for self and Team (as needed) to customer sites.
- Prepares correspondence and reports documenting Field Service visits, including any follow-up needs.
- Handle difficult situations assertively yet diplomatically, ensuring problems are resolved while maintaining a positive client interaction.
- Assist Quality Engineer with a variety of testing and investigation activities.
- Assist Quality Team with resolving quality issues in Production or at suppliers.
- Assist with continuous improvement efforts.
- Assist with ensuring the quality of new products during development phase and early production.
Industrial-Manufacturing Engineering, Equipment Install-Maintain-Repair, Facilities Management-Maintenance
NO Security Clearance
Minimum Education & Job Requirements
- AA/AS in Electronics Technology or equivalent technical area of study, along with experience in a similar technical field.
- 3-5 years experience in troubleshooting electrical systems such as those found in general commercial building construction, and especially lighting.
- Experience as an Electrician and strong knowledge of commercial electrical installations, wiring, power, and controls highly desired.
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record required. Must be able to travel within the US and Canada on short notice for several days at a time.
- Must be capable of safely working in a construction environment, including using, moving and frequently working on ladders and/or scissor lift to reach installed fixtures to perform repairs.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work on location without any direct supervision.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs and discern colors of wires.
- Proficient in use of computer applications such as Outlook, and Microsoft Suite products as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
All essential functions or responsibilities are determined to be essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. Ability to perform the secondary functions or responsibilities is not a requirement of the job, but an incumbent may be required to perform these duties if able. This job description is not to be construed to be an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor or senior management, subject to reasonable accommodation.