WIN Waste Innovations is a waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to customers and communities supported by our team of 2,100 employees. We believe in preserving our environment for future generations while providing for today's needs. WIN Waste Innovations is a vertically integrated business with a platform of 50 strategically located collection, transfer and disposal assets. These include waste-to-energy facilities, transfer stations, ash monofills, landfills, and fleets of rail cars and collection vehicles. We process more than 11 million tons of waste annually, converting 6.7 million tons of waste into clean, renewable energy that powers 340,000 homes. We recycle more than 234,000 tons of plastic, paper and metals from the waste stream.
The Senior Manager of Environmental Compliance is responsible for managing all aspects of environmental compliance for assigned sites, for managing and leading the team responsible for the day-to-day compliance actions and for participating in the development and implementation of Headquarters based Environmental Programs. The Sr. Manager will assist the VP Environmental Compliance in developing and implementing policies and procedures to improve the company's environmental compliance performance. The Sr. Manager will also assist with Environmental Management System components including compliance and support systems. The Sr. Manager will manage field based environmental compliance managers and environmental specialists. This is a headquarters-based position but may be based in the field in the area of facilities being supported.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, the jobholder will:
* Lead environmental compliance at multiple sites on a full range, but not limited to solid waste regulations and permits, water quality programs including stormwater and NPDES permits, generated waste management including hazardous waste and special waste, and air quality programs.
* Manage certain field compliance managers and environmental specialists and support them as they execute the day-to-day responsibilities of environmental compliance at their assigned sites.
* Establish and maintain relationships with key personnel at relevant regulatory agencies and serve as point of contact on significant regulatory issues.
* Conduct due diligence on potential acquisitions ensuring permits are in place to support the business as planned, permit and regulatory obstacles to growth are understood and environmental risk from legacy operations are identified so they can be managed.
* Work with Operations, Maintenance and corporate support functions to ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local environmental regulations, permits and company policies.
* Work with other members of the Environmental Compliance Team to improve, develop and implement proactive compliance programs and components of the environmental management systems.
* Distribute regular communications on environmental compliance.
* Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state, and local regulators.
* Work with the VP of Environmental Compliance and Manager for Environmental Training to develop, improve and lead employee training programs regarding environmental compliance.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Management, or related discipline
* 10+ years of environmental management experience, preferably in the waste-to-energy, waste, or power industry.
* Demonstrated managerial experience managing and leading a team of environmental professionals.
* Demonstrated success in designing, directing, and managing comprehensive multimedia environmental processes and programs.
* Demonstrated success in developing and utilizing leading and lagging KPIs resulting in lower environmental metrics.
* Demonstrated success as a change agent and managing integration of newly acquired facilities
At WIN Waste Innovations, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.