JOB DESCRIPTION - LUBE TECHNICIAN:
⬥ Reports To: Manager/Assistant Manager
⬥ Supervises: N/A
⬥ Nature of Work: Provide efficient and quality service to customers.
⬥ Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide service to customer vehicles, including checking and changing fluids and
filters, airing tires; provide specialized service including but not limited to transmission,
differential and radiator services; input customer and maintenance information into
computers; explain service to customers and accept payment for services.
2. Input customer and maintenance information into the computer.
3. Provide prompt and courteous customer service; explain service provided, recommend
services and answer questions.
4. Accept payment for services.
5. Maintain clean facilities (work area, grounds, restrooms, customer area, etc.) including
sweeping, mopping and emptying trash.
6. Observe and comply with safety rules and regulations.
7. Perform related duties as assigned.
⬥ Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To successfully perform the essential functions of the
position, the employee must be able to read and write English and successfully complete
the Lube Technician training course. Previous automotive experience is helpful. Equipment
operation includes overhead and floor mounted oil and grease guns, differential pump,
transmission fluid exchange machine and calculator. The employee must be able to reach
four feet in height overhead, some bending, stretching and stairs are used constantly. The
employee must be able to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers and
respond to communication calls from co-workers. Mobility is required.
⬥ Scope of Position: This position reports to the Manager and Assistant Manager and has no
direct supervisory responsibilities. This position receives daily assignments from the
Manager and Assistant Manager and will rotate through all Lube Technician duties (Upper
Bay and Lower Bay, Greeter and Cashier).
⬥ Working Conditions: This position works in a garage environment 100% of the time.
Exposure to heavy equipment, slick surfaces and hot-cold temperatures.
⬥ Major Accountabilities:
1) Timeliness and quality of service provided.
2) Accurate and timely data input in computer.
3) Prompt and courteous customer service.
4) Clean and safe work area.
5) Safe work habits.
6) Clean and proper uniform usage, good hygiene.
7) Effective employee relations.