OBXtek is currently accepting resumes for a contingent position, Network Engineer-Senior
, supporting the Army's Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E) organization. Place of performance will be located at the P2E Headquarters, Fort Belvoir, VA. The start date for this position is TBD, in 1st quarter of FY-2023.
Below is a list of expectations the candidate must meet for this effort:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, designs, and evaluates new and existing network systems and services, including local area networks, wide area networks, intranets, and the Internet, providing analytical, technical, and administrative support.
- Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software
- Provide documentation and project management support as well as technical expertise in matters of transport, installation, and implementation for delivery of global network infrastructure
- Research emerging technologies. Evaluate their performance and assess their impact on the networking environment
- Perform as a subject matter expert (SME) for network/transport systems, executing site surveys and assisting with planning and implementation of site preparation activities worldwide
- Attend meetings, working groups, design reviews, and technology discussions which will need to be analyzed, filtered, and captured within architecture development initiatives
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver briefings, white papers, working papers and technical analyses representing the position of P2E mission requirements
Travel will consist of weeks' long trips both CONUS and OCONUS.
Travel can be expected 50% of the time.
Must be readily deployable (medically and administratively) to travel within 72 hours in any environment including contingency operations. Qualifications Active Secret Clearance
- 3-7 years experience in design and computer network architecture and data communication networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks experience
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or in a Science related field
- Cisco certification of CCNP Security or equivalent is mandatory
- Master's Degree in a Science related field
Secret Company Information
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People...Our Reputation.
Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine. OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.