CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing repairs and general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, glazier, and painting tasks. This is a safety sensitive role.
- Physically examine the property on a regular basis
- Managing repairs and maintenance with vendors, and ensuring the proper care of the property
- Maintain pools, landscaping, utilities, roads, signage, clubhouse and other community infrastructure elements
- Generally maintaining and improve the quality of the community and maintain public areas in a clean and safe fashion
- Supervise outside contractors working on the Property
- Adhere to all maintenance and purchasing directives including but not limited to (a) property inspections (b) maintenance assignments (c) utility system readings and controls (d) landscaping and grounds (e) safety (f) special maintenance items.
- Prepare inventory homes for sale or rent
- Troubleshooting any needs for the property
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years general experience in building trades, plumbing (interior and exterior required), repair and replacement maintenance or handy work.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Ability to use to email
- Treats everyone with respect, compassion and kindness Builds internal respect and loyalty with customers. Demonstrates concern for customers. Effectively responds to customer needs. This includes responding timely to requests, listening to others, and seeking to understand others when there are differences of opinion, finding ways to build on each others ideas. Acts with empathy and focus, while able to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate integrity, transparency and doing things the right way Makes lemonade out of lemons. This includes following policies, demonstrating financial responsibility with Lakeshore assets, complying with state and federal law, and practicing safety. Conforms to the highest professional standard. Turns challenges into wins.
- Collaboration and team work Involve key stakeholders in decision making. This includes developing and maintaining positive work relationships. Enhances the level of mutual cooperation. Actively participates in team-oriented objectives and activities. Focuses on team success, over individual.
- Solves problems and is transparent about outcomes Champions new initiatives beyond the scope of the department. Seeks to improve in all aspects of work performance. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and innovation. Encourages people to maintain high standards of quality and thoroughness.
- Serves our employees and residents to improve their lives This includes maintaining the property that creates curb appeal, a welcoming community environment, supports individual and family activities, creates a sense of neighborhood. At work, continually challenges self to grow and develop to be the best you can be at work.
COMPENSATION: $18.00 - $21.00/Hr (Based on experience) salary plus 5% quarterly bonus and housing discount
LOCATIONS: Evergreen Estates-Bridgeton, NJ
Lakeshore embraces Diversity and Inclusion, and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including pre-employment drug screening. Lakeshore is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace, for the purpose of workplace safety and health for all. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Equipment Install-Maintain-Repair, General-Other: Installation-Maintenance-Repair, Janitorial & Cleaning, Landscaping, Other, Building-Construction Inspection, General-Other: Construction-Skilled Trades, Plumbing-Pipefitting, Roofing
$18.00 - $21.00/Hr (Based on experience) salary plus 5% quarterly bonus and housing discount