D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S. , was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
*D.R. Horton, Inc.*is currently looking for anAccountantfor their Accounting Department. The right candidate will be responsible for applyingprinciples of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Assists in maintaining budgets and projected costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
* Prepare House Profit Analyses and review gross profit margins for each sales contract
* Review SG&A expenses and provide coding
* Review employee expense reimbursements for accuracy and appropriate documentation
* Review job costs for budget variances, cost code errors, and other posting errors on invoices, etc.
* Prepare journal entries as needed
* Conduct monthly close procedures and ensure deadlines are met
* Post bank deposits and create related cash receipt journals
* Process timely payment of property taxes and monthly amortization
* Monitor fixed asset purchases and ensure timely capitalization and depreciation of assets
* Assist vendors with any questions as needed
* Assist in SG&A forecast preparation
* Other ad hoc analyses, reports and projects as needed by division management
* Education and/or Experience *
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Accounting from four-year college or university; of 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* CPA preferred
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental./Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook and Instagram !
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.