- Assist the Office of Technology Commercialization and the Incubator with administrative and coordination activities related to licensing Purdue intellectual property and de-risking early-stage Purdue-affiliated (defined as those created around Purdue IP and/or by Purdue faculty, staff, students or alums) technologies and startups.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Director of the Incubator and the Director of Business Development and Licensing, Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC).
- Track and send initial response to technology licensing queries, forward to the appropriate licensing manager, and track future correspondence.
- Work cooperatively with OTC business development and licensing managers to develop marketing strategies for Purdue technologies and put together marketing packets for distribution to potential licensees.
- Conduct routine audits of OTC’s internal database to check for changes in licensing status of Purdue IP.
- Assist the OTC Business Development team in the preparation of reports for college/departments.
- Docket marketing interactions and Incubator activity of a Purdue technology in the internal database.
- Reserve meeting rooms and coordinate events as needed.
- Arrange and schedule meetings and appointments as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint and memo materials for meetings.
- Assist in coordination of demo days for gap funding.
- Work closely with Incubator Managers on setup of programming, vendor communications, and other opportunities to advance technologies and/or startups.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision, prioritize assignments to meet deadlines, and produce high-quality work with attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems while being flexible.
- Ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.
- Demonstrated good judgment, diplomacy, persuasive ability, and the ability to inspire confidence and cooperation to drive positive results within and across the organization’s boundaries.
- General understanding of intellectual property and/or willingness to learn.
- Personal computer and related basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with CRM tools like Salesforce or database management systems such as Sophia.
- Regular and reliable communication and remote/hybrid attendance as requested are requirements of this position.
- In person attendance for events is required.
- Associate's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years' experience required.
If you are interested in applying, please click here to begin the process: https://www.applyatprf.com.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.