*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,*was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
*D.R. Horton, Inc.*is currently looking for an _*Entitlements Manager*_. The right candidate will maintain responsibility for entitlements and due diligence for projects. Determine the feasibility of a planned acquisition. Facilitate the entitlement of a property, including obtaining zoning and governmental approvals.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Plan, direct and manage the activities of the Entitlements Staff or Land Staff
* Complete Due Diligence/Feasibility analysis of projects prior to acquisition
* Obtain Entitlements for projects, including all governmental approvals, negotiations with public agencies and assist with representation at public meetings
* Oversee the preparation, submittal, and approval of all subdivision related plans and permits
* Manage daily activities in due diligence process pertaining to obtaining entitlements from jurisdictional authorities for assigned projects, including but not limited to zone changes, concept plans, preliminary plats, etc.
* Plan, direct, and manage the activities of consultants (civil engineers, land planners, geotechnical engineers, hydrologic consultants, etc.) performing due diligence and entitlement services to adhere to project schedules
* Review and evaluate consultant scopes of work, Development Agreements, site plans, soil and wetland determinations, and other technical reports and data
* Establish contact and working relationships with utility companies to identify location, availability and guidelines for service to assigned projects
* Research and organize project costs in conjunction with the land development team to create feasibility budgets to determine the financial viability of a planned community
* In conjunction with hired consultants determine any offsite utility/roadway improvements required for project feasibility
* Work in conjunction with local DHI Executive Team to determine product mix and in determining overall viability of potential projects
* Attend meetings with city staff and the development team, as well as public hearings or neighbor meetings
* Review civil construction documents for consistency, cost saving measures, and constructability
* Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company**
Directly manages two or more employees in the Operations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
*Education and/or Experience*
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
* Five to seven years of related experience and/or training
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Registered planner or engineer preferred
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
* Medical, Vision and Dental
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance
* Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.