*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.*, was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries.
Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an*_Assistant Purchasing Manager_*for theirPurchasingDepartment. The right candidate willassist the Purchasing Manager in obtaining and maintaining best qualified and best-priced products and labor contracts to build homes.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
* Assist in the managing of all aspects of purchasing for the division
* Oversee the purchasing of material and the hiring of contractors, suppliers, and laborers for the completion of the project
* Verify purchase requisitions and prepare purchase orders
* Obtain quality work at a competitive price
* Create budgets for upcoming projects
* Manage the cost of existing projects, ensuring that they stay within the set budget. Authorize payment for purchases
* Bid architectural plans to subcontractors and vendors
* Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
*Supervisory Responsibilities *
Directly manages 2 or more employees in the Purchasing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
*Education and/or Experience*
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
* Three to five years of related experience and/or training
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH application
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Strong communications skills
* Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
* Medical, Vision and Dental
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance
* Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.