Arledge Construction Inc. is a Columbus, Ohio based Commercial Concrete company. We have been in business for over 30 years. We are looking for drug-free, dedicated, quality-driven, individuals to become skilled concrete workers which includes:
• Concrete Finishers – Placing and finishing concrete. These finishers are among the most sought after craftsmen in the industry.
• Carpenters – Forming foundations, piers, walls, structural slabs and all site concrete as well as slab work.
• Equipment Operators – Backhoe, skid steer, grading equipment, laser creeds, rollers, floor saws, trucks and more.
• Drivers – Logistics drivers and CDL ClassA.
Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry – • Local work! 95% of work is within an hour of downtown Columbus • Highly Competitive wages • 401K with company match (free money!) • Health Care Insurance (we pay 50% or more of premium) • Accident and Disability Insurance • Life Insurance • Profit Sharing • Paid Vacation and Holidays • Verizon Wireless Discount
NO Security Clearance
Position Overview: Perform a variety of tasks involving the placing and finishing of concrete of all types. May operate a variety of hand and power tools. May be involved in preparing site for concrete as well. May assist other craft workers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
· Can single and two man straight edge
· Trowel edges
· Use a bull-float
· Run an edger flat and true
· Run a jointer flat, straight and true
· Knows how to finish a slab without being told
· Can run a check rod
· Can run a walk-behind
· Can use a rider including pans, combos and finish blades
· Proficient in raking concrete and other general labor duties
· Can run a power rake without supervision
· Knows how to use laser screeds without supervision
· Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in concrete construction projects
· Perform manual work in preparing, placing and finishing concrete horizontal and vertical surfaces including but not limited to slabs, decks, stair pans, walks, curbs, pads, paving, walls, piers.
· Performs construction tasks at the direction of a foreman.
· May assist with chalking, applying curing compound and saw cutting concrete and cleans up after the operation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Able to effectively use up to 8 ft. straight edge, two man straight edge, bull float, edgers, jointers, hand trowel and walk behind power trowel.
· Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in concrete construction.
· Knowledge of applicable safety precautions.
· Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
· Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
· Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
· Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
· Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Arledge Construction is a total package commercial concrete contractor servicing the Columbus and Central Ohio area. We specialize in excavation, all types of foundations, poured walls, slab on grade, slab on deck, structural concrete, site walks, paving, curbs and pads. In addition, we offer our clients architectural colored concrete and stamped concrete