Both Full and Part-time positions available! Flexible schedule! You pick your shift (4, 6 or 8 hours). All positions start at $18.00/hour and earn on average $24.00/hour with incentives.
Apply online at sgcfoodservice.com/careers or Text SGC to 85000 for a list of all current job openings.
Come join our competitive team atmosphere. Potential for career growth and above average wages.
Dedicated to promoting from within with opportunities in sales, transportation, logistics, and management. Supportive environment that works best for motivated and driven industrial athletes. Trainer led development programs, come join a company that is committed to your success.
If you are not a “Corporate Type” and like to be trusted to succeed in your job, this may be the opportunity for you. Located in Springfield, Missouri, we are an independent, family owned, foodservice company. Our company is a place where an individual can still make a difference and be recognized. We are proud of our 155+ year heritage, having been established in 1865 and today we provide a variety of products and services to a broad range of foodservice customers.
Apply now to start your career with SGC today!!!
An Order Selector performs various duties within the warehouse including selecting product according to pick labels. Stage, load, repackage and put away product in the proper locations and on pallets while preparing for shipping according to company standards.
Reading production labels, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, repacked, disposed or distributed
Conveying materials and items from receiving or staging areas to storage or other designated areas.
Selecting products using voice technology
Manual transfer of cased product from pick slots to pallets and affixing proper labels to product
Securing products on pallets and sorting, stacking and inspecting outbound freight in accordance with established protocols
Other duties as assigned
Shipping and Receiving-Warehousing
NO Security Clearance
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred;
· 1 year1-year related work experience preferred;
· Must be 18 years of age with the ability to work in varying temperatures from -20F to 100F. Candidate must be able to work independently with little supervision;,
· Possess acceptable oral communication skills and be able to read, write, perform simple mathematical calculations;, and
· Able to safely and effectively operate standard material handling equipment and be able to perform physical labor for extended periods of time.
· Candidate must be safely and efficiently operate general warehouse machinery including pallet jacks, forklifts, high lifts, man ups, chargers and shrink wrappers.
· The selected applicant must be able to lift, push, pull and carry freight of varying weights throughout the shift. Position must pass a post offer drug test and background check.
· Candidate must be available to work with the demands of the department which are regular overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. In some areas, taste and smell are required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color, vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions.
· Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be available.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Successful candidate must pass a pre-employment criminal background check. Candidate must meet the requirements of the full job description as stated throughout the duration of employment with SGC Foodservice.
We support a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Our compensation and benefits program is extremely competitive. We provide income security and benefits that include but not limited to: Heath Insurance, Dental Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401-K Plan.
SGC Foodservice is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected.
If you are not the “Corporate Type” and like to be trusted to succeed in your job, this may be the opportunity for you. SGC Foodservice, based in Springfield, Missouri, is an independent, family owned, full-line foodservice distributor. Our company is a place where an individual can still make a difference and be recognized. We are one of the oldest foodservice firms in the nation, having been established in 1865 to serve the needs of the pioneer and post-Civil War community. Today we provide more than 20,000 line items to a broad range of customers throughout a growing region in the Midwest.
If you are ready to start making a difference… then SGC Foodservice is the place for you!