We are hiring for a qualified civilian Pediatrician Physician (PED MD / DO) to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at the Naval Medical Center and associated Branch Health Clinics in Portsmouth, Virginia. Benefits: • Status: Full-Time • Schedule: Monday – Friday and (1) weekend Day per month (rotating), Out-Patient Pediatric Clinic Monday - Friday 7:30am – 6:00pm, Inpatient Newborn Clinic Hours: Monday – Sunday 7:30am – 4:30pm • Independent ContractorThe Physician-Pediatrician must have the following qualifications:
• Degree: Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
• Education: Graduate from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada, this degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) at the time the degree was obtained (e.g. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC), College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC), a Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination
• Certification: Possess and maintain a Neonatal Resuscitation Certification (NRP) certification as recognized by the American Board of Pediatrics
• Possess and maintain a Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification by the American Board of Pediatrics
• Board Certification: Possess board certification in Pediatrics (by the American Board of Pediatrics) OR be a recent residency graduate, if you are a residency graduate (within 12 months), you must be scheduled for the board exam or waiting for board results, all board exams results must be provided to NMCP within one week of receipt (failure to pass the boards would result in employment ineligibility to provide services under this task order)
• Internship/Residency: Successful completion of an internship and residency program from any state
• Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice medicine as required
• Experience: Possess a minimum of one (1) year full-time experience as a Pediatrician in the last two (2) years OR be a recent residency graduate within the last twelve (12) months • Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United State, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States.
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
At Matrix Providers, We Care for America's Military Family.
As a Matrix Provider, You come first. Always.
Your success is the focus of our entire business.
We are next-generation medical placement providers.
The first time we talk, you’ll discover that we’re not like other companies. We are next-generation medical placement providers. That means that you come first. Always. There’s a reason for that. Simply put, if we don’t make our providers happy, they don’t come back. So, from our first call, to your next placement after years together, your success is the focus of our entire business. If you choose not to join Matrix, you may find that other companies put their bottom line well ahead of you. Join us, and you’ll always be first.
The DOD has given Matrix Providers the highest rankings in quality management and customer service since 2012. Not just leading the way, leading the industry.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.