Administrative Assistant / Data Analyst Supporting the DEA
Springfield, IL, USA
Be a part of the nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, depriving wrongdoers of proceeds from their crime and impacting the infrastructure of criminal enterprises.
Centre Law & Consulting (Centre) offers the rare blend of legal expertise and practical federal contracting experience necessary to assist government and industry clients in navigating the complex maze of federal rules and regulations and implementing federal market solutions that are timely, efficient, and legally effective. Centre has a vacancy for a Data Analyst. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
* Receives, gathers, analyzes, and organizes information from multiple sources.
* Ensures completeness of received information and reconciles inconsistencies.
* Accurately enters required data into one or more databases, documents, or spreadsheets.
* Establishes and maintains physical files.
* Keeps track of case file status in order to ensure compliance with established deadlines.
* Coordinates requests for additional information as needed.
* Selects relevant information from a variety of sources in order to prepare documents, reports, summaries, and replies to inquiries, ensuring accuracy and proper format of the information provided.
* Performs word processing relevant to case.
* Provides accurate and timely status updates.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or GED, Undergraduate degree preferred, Criminal Justice degree a plus
* Ability to grasp and understand the organization and functions of the customer
* Meticulous data entry skills
* Excellent communication skills; oral and written
* Competence to review, interpret, and evaluate complex legal and non-legal documents
* Attention to detail and the ability to read and follow directions is extremely important
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills
* Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other common software applications, to include databases, intermediate skills preferred
* Proven commitment and competence to provide excellent customer service; positive and flexible
* Ability to work in a team environment and maintain a professional disposition
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is responsible for conducting national and international investigations targeting global drug trafficking networks and drug-related terrorism involved in the illegal growing, manufacturing, or distribution of controlled substances appearing in or destined for illicit traffic in the United States. A component of DEA's strategic mission is the use of the Asset Forfeiture Program, implementing major investigative strategies against drug networks and cartels, resulting in significant seizure and forfeiture activities.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.